• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's here! Modeler's Forum!

citizensoldier

RE: I have been looking for this kit..

I have found them for sale on ebay before.. I think Revel made a M543 also.. They just jump up high in price and I rather buy 5 others for the money.. Those wreckers are cool but man they are exspensive.. If I come accross another for sale I will PM it to you..

Adamlee

Re: RE: I have been looking for this kit..

citizensoldier said:
http://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=9748&searchtext=wrecker

This is why I dont have one.. I would buy a hard top for my real 1 to 1 first :D
I dunno...that's a pretty badass vintage kit.....

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: I have been looking for this kit..

i looked at that kit but it is in 1/32 not 1/35, you can get a 1/35 resin wrecker kit that uses the 900 series cargo as the starting point

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: I have been looking for this kit..

I used to build 1/25 scale trucks....mixers, tractors and trailers, dumptrucks, tow trucks, etc. I have seen 1 M35 with a ring mount. One of these days, i'll buy it and build it. Let's see som pics of the stuff others have built. Nice A-10.

joec

Re: RE: Re: RE: I have been looking for this kit..

citizensoldier said:
Did you look at the first links I posted? You can get a complete resin M816 kit for $170.. Maybe do some fab work and make a M819... :D

The kits are really nice!

M819 would be nice!

67Beast

WillWagner said:
I used to build 1/25 scale trucks....mixers, tractors and trailers, dumptrucks, tow trucks, etc. I have seen 1 M35 with a ring mount. One of these days, i'll buy it and build it. Let's see som pics of the stuff others have built. Nice A-10.
AFV Club, makes an excellent 1/35 M35a2. Highly detailed and does come with a ring mount and 50 cal. I've built several of them and still have a few more in boxes waiting for me to get to them.

Attachments

joec

67Beast said:
WillWagner said:
AFV Club, makes an excellent 1/35 M35a2. Highly detailed and does come with a ring mount and 50 cal. I've built several of them and still have a few more in boxes waiting for me to get to them.

The M35 is excellent. Great Job

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The AFV Club M35 is definitely a superb kit. The version I have (there are several) includes the winch and cargo cover, along with gun ring, etc. Nice job on yours, 67B.

I also have the Real Model M813 kit. It was expensive (something like $115 from a guy in the Czech Republic) but those are the only 800 series trucks to be found, so...
The real M813/M35 cabs share common parts, those resin kit parts are identical to the AFV M35 kit parts. So are all the little parts- lights, light protectors, mirrors, etc. The resin chassis is identical to that of the Italeri M900 trucks. I'll leave it to you to figure out how all that happened!

If I ever get them finished, I'll post some pics.

Cheers..