• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mobile WMO processing / Apocalypse fuel depot

flvet352

I built this contraption to scavenge for waste oil in an emergency(natural disaster, civil unrest, hyperinflationary depression, zombies, etc). It is just a harbor freight fuel pump with a goldenrod filter set up from tractor supply that is mounted to a hand truck. When the need arises, I throw the hose into the supply, pull out the battery tray and hook up the alligator clips and bang, I am pumping and filtering old oil. Works in a pinch. I don't intend on using it much yet as it only has a 10 micron filter. I am trying to find a 5 or less for it. What do you guys think?20200720_155331.jpg

Welder1

Having the filter on the suction side will usually restrict the flow. I my opinion its better to use a type of screen to stop larger debris and put the filter on the pressure side. I would put 2 filters in series a 10 micron water separator followed by a 5 micron final.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to say what Welder1 already said you have a "SUCK" not a pump the way your setup! Reset that up so you have an actual "Pump" and change your filters around and it should work adequately I would think!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
JUST build it with copper tubing and be on you way.
I sold 4 heads and a cases, in fact cases of filters, on the eBay.
The equipment you need is cheap and plentiful.
I will indicate how to build it if you want.