• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New vs. used HMMWV doors

KCs Beast

New to the forum. Just picked up a HMMWV M1045A2, but no doors. I've looked into the original Kevlar x-doors, but heard that they do not fit well, leak, and are loud. The Federal Military Parts "New HMMWV x-doors" are pricey at about $5k, but look to be well built (from the pics). Anyone have the Federal Military Parts x-doors? Pros and cons? Should I just go with some used original Kevlar x-doors? Thanks for any advice.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Does not matter what kind of doors you put in they are going to leak. No military truck keeps water out well. Ever.

Plan on running into much gunfire in your hmmwv? if not then put a regular set of fiberglass X doors on it and be done with it. They are on ebay. and other surplus places. It is all about looks to alot of people and how big their wallet is, or ego into what they put on their HMMWVs. Get your hmmwv first, go thru it, then accessories and upgrade. You may have a 5000lb paper weight with a blown motor/trans or other gremlins.

If your handy with fab work then make your own.

Action

New to the forum. Just picked up a HMMWV M1045A2, but no doors. I've looked into the original Kevlar x-doors, but heard that they do not fit well, leak, and are loud. The Federal Military Parts "New HMMWV x-doors" are pricey at about $5k, but look to be well built (from the pics). Anyone have the Federal Military Parts x-doors? Pros and cons? Should I just go with some used original Kevlar x-doors? Thanks for any advice.

I just looked at their website and didn't see doors for sale. I did see the fake X skins that they put on doors. I watched some of their videos. I got the impression that they just put their skin on regular x-doors. He mentioned the "outside" is new. If so, they will both fit the same.

KCs Beast

I just looked at their website and didn't see doors for sale. I did see the fake X skins that they put on doors. I watched some of their videos. I got the impression that they just put their skin on regular x-doors. He mentioned the "outside" is new. If so, they will both fit the same.
Here's the link: https://www.federalmilitaryparts.co...ducts/brand-new-humvee-x-doors-set-of-4-black
These are completely new from scratch from what I understand. Not skinned over Kevlar doors.

Action

What is a never used military HUMVEE x-door, second generation?
Oh wait, they said that means stronger hinges and stainless hardware......

BLK HMMWV

Didn't the second generation X door have a skin on the outside hiding the X .
I like how they don't show the door from the inside.
Strange I think you can find real original X doors for less if you look hard enough.

KCs Beast

Thanks to all that have replied to this thread. I've taken your advice, and want to keep my rig as original as possible, so I'm going with the original fiberglass doors. My rig is at Plan B right now getting serviced, and they say that they do not have any good original x-doors doors left (of course they are also pushing their new doors). So, the next question is: where is the best place to buy good quality x-doors?

KCs Beast

I am in Utah and have a few sets I will part with. What color do you want?
Great! The interior is green, the exterior is CARC camouflage, so I'll have to paint them no matter what. As long as they are in decent shape, I'll do the prep and paint. Can you send me pictures and your price?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks