• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from DFW Area, TX - Bought 1st M998 HMMWV

PUCKER

Howdy y'all! Brad here from the DFW area of Texas!

It's the wife's fault, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...:LOL:

She suggested that an older vehicle without any fancy electronics to track (and oh, EMP proof) would be a good thing...as luck would have it a buddy had one for sale at his dealership...and just like magic it now sits in my garage! it's a 1988 AM General M998 HMMWV outfitted with the (as far as I can tell) original 6.2 diesel and 3 speed Turbo 400. I've got the original two piece beadlock wheels - may use them later on. Currently it has aftermarket "bro dozer" wheels with 38" tires - the wife likes the look so it's staying that way for now. It's got (mostly) black bed liner inside and out and aftermarket Jeep-style seats along with what is most likely a replacement aftermarket soft top and soft doors. It's got a few little things that it needs here and there but nothing major. It passed the Texas State Vehicle Inspection (it was owned / street titled in Arkansas by the previous owner - I hear that getting these titled the first time can be a pain in the butt) and I'm awaiting the plates. It rides like you'd expect. Handles exceptionally well for a large beast (although my wife likes to point out that her truck dwarfs the HMMWV ha! - she's got a GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Crew Cab long bed dually). I've yet to go off-roading with it but fun will defitneily be had!! Honk if you see me cruising around! Looking forward to meeting other like-minded folks!

tempImageoVz6ES.png

tempImage42p6zt.png

tempImageAr2kUR.png

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bulldogger — I’m new to SS and was wondering if you’d sell a fabric soft top slant back to me?
Sent you a message in the Conversations feature. You should be able to respond, even with a low post count, since I wrote you first. Let me know if not.
BDGR