• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

polarizing Generator

M60 tanker

I have a 100 amp generator setup on my M38A1 jeep. With the help here I have the wiring diagram and the wiring repaired but still not charging. Do I need to polarized the generator.

DeetFreek

I have a 100 amp generator setup on my M38A1 jeep. With the help here I have the wiring diagram and the wiring repaired but still not charging. Do I need to polarized the generator.
Go back to your thread about wiring, find the picture I posted and go through the process that Wes describes to find out if it's the gennie or reg not allowing a charge. That should at least get you headed in the right direction. I'm still sitting on a charging issue...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recall that the 100 amp system is a three phase alternating current alternator that feeds a rectifier that converts the AC to DC. Polarizing generators is a DC generator thing which is not applicable to alternators.

DeetFreek

Recall that the 100 amp system is a three phase alternating current alternator that feeds a rectifier that converts the AC to DC. Polarizing generators is a DC generator thing which is not applicable to alternators.
So do I need to retract? I was under the assumption that the charging system would remain constant throughout, but in light of your post, I would seem to be quite wrong lol.