• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuilding FAV #91

signalcorps

Got new rear tires today 31x10.50-15 General ATX . 2 weeks ago I bought the front tires, Also General ATX 205/75-15. Nice matching tread pattern. Ran into small problem though. My FAV came with 4 wheels with old tires on them. I was stupid and did not check to see if the wheels were the same size. Today I discovered that 1 was 8 inch wide and the other was 10 inch wide. I know the 8 inch wheel is the correct wheel for the rear of the FAV but the 10 inch wheel with those tires look fantastic. So... I have to buy 1 wheel so they match but what should I do... buy the correct 8 inch or get another 10 inch. Decisions decisions....

Attachments

signalcorps

A little engine work done this week. Painted and mounted 12/24V battery isolator setup and plumbed the oil cooler and filter, New Bilstein rear shock came in too. New 8 inch wheel coming in tomorrow so I can swap out the 10 inch.

Attachments

Crapgame

A little engine work done this week. Painted and mounted 12/24V battery isolator setup and plumbed the oil cooler and filter, New Bilstein rear shock came in too. New 8 inch wheel coming in tomorrow so I can swap out the 10 inch.
Bilstein 33-230436 for the rear shocks?

signalcorps

Yes. Rear shocks. Bilstein #33-230344 . It came with 1/2 inch sleeves so I had to install 12mm sleeves but they were a very good price. I need to replace all 4 front shocks but cant find the part number and no one has answered my message here. Do you know what the fronts are?

Last edited:

signalcorps

I bought a set of 4 front shocks and will get them installed after new bolts come it. I have just about finished the engine. Fuel lines and oil cooler/filter are done. Alternator and HPMX card completed. I sanded down the carb airbox and found a number on it. 657. I still have to install plug wires and set timing. Also the valve covers after I check the valve adjustment. Exhaust will be last and will be a big PITA.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I bought a set of 4 front shocks and will get them installed after new bolts come it. I have just about finished the engine. Fuel lines and oil cooler/filter are done. Alternator and HPMX card completed. I sanded down the carb airbox and found a number on it. 657. I still have to install plug wires and set timing. Also the valve covers after I check the valve adjustment. Exhaust will be last and will be a big PITA.
Looking Good!
Really Good...