• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shift down at 47MPH

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, here is a new one for me. While traveling at speeds between 46 and 52 MPH the truck at operating twmps (4 spds) the truck shits down and up in a fraction of a second and will keep doing it untill i accelerate.
This usually happens when traveling I95 North in SFL and in some inclines (SFL inclines) against the wind. This is a new one for me, the only thing that i did to the truck was adjust the switch for the brake light on the pedal. Did i get anything else out of adjustment after doing this? Torque converter disconnector or similar? I would like to travel at those speeds every once in a while.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would re-visit the alignment of that switch, or possibly the TPS alignment, many transmissions unlock the converter with the gas pedal at "idle"
EDIT, it could also be a bad TPS or poor TPS connections, this is where a good old analog meter will be helpful as if the TPS has a bad "spot" in it it is easier to see on an analog meter as you cycle through the throttle positions.

Last edited:

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would re-visit the alignment of that switch, or possibly the TPS alignment, many transmissions unlock the converter with the gas pedal at "idle"
EDIT, it could also be a bad TPS or poor TPS connections, this is where a good old analog meter will be helpful as if the TPS has a bad "spot" in it it is easier to see on an analog meter as you cycle through the throttle positions.
Mogman, pardon my ignorance but what is the TPS? The torque converter switch right next to the brake lights switch?

Throttle position sensor?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mogman, pardon my ignorance but what is the TPS? The torque converter switch right next to the brake lights switch?

Throttle position sensor?
Sorry, the TPS is the throttle position sensor, it is basically a variable resistor on the side of the injection pump that tells the TCM (transmission control module) what position the accelerator pedal is in.
As with all variable resistors it can develop bad spots (would be referred to as a "noisy pot" in my world)
I have no idea if that is your actual problem but it could be a place to start.

Attachments