• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sussex Co, NJ., show.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, another show over. Turnout wasn't as good as pre covid, but I guess it is much the same every where.
On a plus note, I did meet n chat with 4 seperate, new to that show/any show people: Afghan vet - USAF Security with his Humvee kitted out as his was in theatre, a mate of his with a very nice MB, another guy with a Humvee and a chap with a SEE (Freightliner/Unimog) that uses it regularly.
I did my bit by giving children seat time for parent pics, also let them "assist" when winching/ setting trailer..... sewing a few seeds as they say.20240427_151651.jpg
Yes, that is my "little" camping trailer... and a minty Cadillac Gage V-100 [M 706} just behind.

20240427_154331.jpg
A little trundle in Anthonys USAF Security M998, to the Staying Alive Bee Gees thumping.... That is the butt sling for the cupola gunner not an arm rest. (weird camera optical illusion)

20240427_123828.jpg
Naval cadets doing crowd control, not saluting, just hanging on to their hats at take off.

20240428_113925.jpg
Super clean HEMTT M977

20240427_154919.jpg
Various Humvees, behind was a row of Jeeps and M/C's.

There were also a couple of LMTV M1078s.

Shout out to Dave and Bill Peasley from Eastern Surplus, brought a whole load of stuff to root through, came away with some goodies - fully charged 6TL batteries etc. If anyone needs HET snatch blocks (1" cable), let me know!! (Findlay possible) N.B., they must weigh 150+lbs, I handle a 125lb anvil every day, these are way more!
...Also Art did me a great deal, along with John Tennis who both had tables inside.

Thanks to Jim for the organisation and the team of the Motor Transport Assiciation.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks