• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Total noob from TX, just discovering this world

kurtomatic

Hey folks, while I am not new to civilian vehicles, I simply had so real clue or awareness of this world you inhabit until this week. I recently purchased some raw land I intend to slowly tame and make use of. During my research on ways of bootstrapping my property on the cheap, I kind of accidentally discovered this site, Iron Planet, etc. I currently live and work from home in a Class A diesel motorhome as a 'digital nomad'. This new property is intended to start out as a kind of RV-Homesteading project, where I can essentially camp on my property, at least partially off-grid. There are several classes of equipment available from military surplus that could be very useful, and I'm looking forward to exploring that here. Cheers, Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays! :cool:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey folks, while I am not new to civilian vehicles, I simply had so real clue or awareness of this world you inhabit until this week. I recently purchased some raw land I intend to slowly tame and make use of. During my research on ways of bootstrapping my property on the cheap, I kind of accidentally discovered this site, Iron Planet, etc. I currently live and work from home in a Class A diesel motorhome as a 'digital nomad'. This new property is intended to start out as a kind of RV-Homesteading project, where I can essentially camp on my property, at least partially off-grid. There are several classes of equipment available from military surplus that could be very useful, and I'm looking forward to exploring that here. Cheers, Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays! :cool:
Welcome from North Carolina!

kurtomatic

Hey, I'm not sure where best to post this question, but does anyone know or have done business with Johnny Rice/Rice Military Truck Sales in Conway, Arkansas?