• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USA Tire Options for Com Block Wheeled Armor

beltfed1934

All,
Looking to see if anyone has any USA-based solutions for replacement tires/wheels for Combloc wheeled armor w/13x18 tire/ Wheels, such as the BDRM and the vehicle I own, a yugo BOV M86. I bought the last 2 Soviet 13x18 42" Tires from CM Army Tires. So, now I only have a set of 2 when I really need 4. My vehicle has a more western looking lug pattern than these soviet tires. Has anyone found a comparable tire over here in the states or some other solution?? Was thinking about making some wheel lug pattern inserts to weld into a common US mil truck/tire but that seems to be the most extreme option?
TIA, Austin

Robin33ba07

All,
Looking to see if anyone has any USA-based solutions for replacement tires/wheels for Combloc wheeled armor w/13x18 tire/ Wheels, such as the BDRM and the vehicle I own, a yugo BOV M86. I bought the last 2 Soviet 13x18 42" Tires from CM Army Tires. So, now I only have a set of 2 when I really need 4. My vehicle has a more western looking lug pattern than these soviet tires. Has anyone found a comparable tire over here in the states or some other solution?? Was thinking about making some wheel lug pattern inserts to weld into a common US mil truck/tire but that seems to be the most extreme option?
TIA, Austin

kcimb

I don’t have a source for USA based tires, but I do know a guy in Bulgaria who can send them on a pallet.

Temporary fix

Hummer Guy

All,
TIA, Austin
I got a feeling that every set is the "last two" on CSM, they had told me the same thing when I got mines

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

kcimb

I know a guy in the UK who is making western rims that will fit on his BRDM which should match up with yours.

I will let you know what happens with his endeavors