• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 NC Steel Soldiers MV RALLY April 11,12,13

kc4wd

Time again for the NC Rally. April 11th. 12th, and 13th. At Denton Farmpark. Last years event was huge. Come out for a bigger rally this year.

Denton FarmPark

1072 Cranford Road, Denton, NC 27239

http://www.farmpark.com/

More details comming........

zachattack1287

I have gathered from reading the post from last year that this would be a pretty good rally for a first timer to attend. I am really excited for this. I was wondering though about things that I should start preparing now as far as if I need to register anywhere. Also besides the standard camping equipment and supplies is there anything I should plan to pack special, though I know it is hard to plan for every little surprise

kc4wd

Glad to see your bringing the MKT again Garbee. zach.....no need in registering for the rally, just show up, You may want to call the farm park and get your reservations for the camping. No real need as they have plenty of camping, its just in case you want power and water at your site.

MDSA

Definitely planning to attend again this year. I really enjoyed the quality and quantity of trucks last year. There were a lot of really nice WWII vehicles all the way to HUMVEE's. Very impressive. Great camping, crowd, location.

Planning to bring both the Deuce and M37. Might try to sneak a '53 civilian high hood jeep in as a M606. Paint it OD and nobody will know.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
well... shoot. I thought it was the first weekend that got agreed upon in the last thread. That means I can't go. :( oh well, next year. Maybe I'll pop up for a few hours on Sat in the pickup.

Ford Mechanic

well... shoot. I thought it was the first weekend that got agreed upon in the last thread. That means I can't go. :( oh well, next year. Maybe I'll pop up for a few hours on Sat in the pickup.

Same here! If it had of been the 1st weekend I could have come also. Darn. You might want to try and pull the old thread, I just found this one cause I was looking at the old one and trying to make reservations.

big hoss

duece has a new tranny, injection pump and fresh breaks. all i got left is to hook up my new stacks and i will be ready to roll!

CGarbee

Food thoughts... :smile:

I've been way too busy at work, but here are some thoughts I have for a menu/pricing. I'll firm this up depending on response. The more who sign up, the better I can do on pricing (within reason). I can also tweak the menu if folks have food allergies or other dietary restrictions.

I've included a Saturday supper in the menu/price even though we had a convoy off site to local joint to eat last year. Folks an opt out of this one or join me... We'll figure it out...

I'm planning on arriving Thursday afternoon in time for supper, and can stay through Sunday lunch.

That all said...

Thursday
s: linguini with two or three sauces (a marinara, a tomato/beef, and perhaps a spicy pork version...), salad, garlic bread

Friday:
B: eggs (most likely scrambled, but I can do fried or other options...), bacon, grits
L: Hamburgers, salad, chips (lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese, etc.
S: Chicken and rice with veggies.

Saturday
B: eggs, sausage, oatmeal
L: hotdogs, salad, chips
S: BBQ (pork), spuds, green beans, rolls

Sunday
B: eggs, bacon, pancakes
L. grilled chicken breast, chips (stuff so you can make your chicken into a sandwich...lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese, etc.)

I can do the above for $35 a head if I have 30 bodies...

Obviously, I'll also toss in tea, coffee, and lemonade, with the meals. Other drinks are on your own...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks