• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How tall is the M923?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzyboi

Does anyone know how tall a m923 on super singles would be (at its hightest point ie top of bow)? I have a barn door garage and would like to know if I can fit one in before I buy it. I guess it would be helpful to know the height with and without the bows.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
121" to the top of the cargo cover.If you buy a truck,you better buy manuals so these guys dont bust your balls.

Augdog1964

My barn has 10 foot doors, it just makes it in... the problem isn't the cab, but the crane for the 1400 tires... height on a standard M923 is significantly lower...

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didnt notice the link,I felt sorry for the newbie,haha
They don't learn anything with instant answers . The -10 manuals are free to download there is no reason someone seriously thinking of purchessing any MV shouldn't read the TM first and then ask question on things they don't understand.

This is not is not directed at the OP or intended to offend anyone . But everyone should have basic knowledge of the truck they plan on operating before jumping in one.

Scarecrow1

Mine is a little over 10 feet tall and will not fit in my Garage.... Unless I can't stop for some reason then it would be a drive threw I'm sure............

bizzyboi

Thanks John, Augdog1964 & Scarecrow1! I appreciate the ask and get a straight knowledgeable answer format that you guys faithfully provide. As for the other replies to my simple question, haha I havent been hazed in 18 years and for the military guys on the site I think you can agree these replies are sometimes comical. Thanks all for educating the newbie!

Last edited:

Hooper

they don't learn anything with instant answers . The -10 manuals are free to download there is no reason someone seriously thinking of purchessing any mv shouldn't read the tm first and then ask question on things they don't understand.

This is not is not directed at the op or intended to offend anyone . But everyone should have basic knowledge of the truck they plan on operating before jumping in one.

roflol.

bizzyboi

Not sure if that "fish" philosophy is working man. 228 views on this question since I posted it yesterday. Apparently folks are interested in knowing the simple stuff without having to read a entire TM to get a quick response from some of this forums experts. Unless of course there are 226 newbies + me! Come on guys for simple stuff cant we just get answers while we are studying for our TM exam? Just saying.

Last edited:

commandojeff

Not sure if that "fish" philosophy is working man. 228 views on this question since I posted it yesterday. Apparently folks are interested in knowing the simple stuff without having to read a entire TM to get a quick reaponse from some of this forums experts. Unless of course there are 226 newbies + me! Come on guys for simple stuff cant we just get answers while we are studying for our TM exam? Just saying.
I agree that it is sometimes easier to just ask a question than look through the manual. But a lot of times I learn other things when searching for what I actually need.

Hey hey now... My reply was accurate. All you gotta do is convert nautical miles to inches or feet or kilometers or whatever you want. Technically I gave you the answer :-D. I had to put a twist to it though. All in good fun.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if that "fish" philosophy is working man. 228 views on this question since I posted it yesterday. Apparently folks are interested in knowing the simple stuff without having to read a entire TM to get a quick reaponse from some of this forums experts. Unless of course there are 226 newbies + me! Come on guys for simple stuff cant we just get answers while we are studying for our TM exam? Just saying.
Sometimes all those views are like passing a car accident...you know its going to be bad in there, but you gotta look......a lot of us here are former military and watchin a newb get it is just part of the culture. We were the watchee at some point.....

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if that "fish" philosophy is working man. 228 views on this question since I posted it yesterday. Apparently folks are interested in knowing the simple stuff without having to read a entire TM to get a quick response from some of this forums experts. Unless of course there are 226 newbies + me! Come on guys for simple stuff cant we just get answers while we are studying for our TM exam? Just saying.

Trust me, I get it. The problem is that this thread will fall off the bottom of the list by next week and the cycle will start all over again, because it is "quicker" to ask the question than to try and search, or to know where to find the information. I've been around long enough to see it happen more than I care to think about. We're just an instant gratification society, but I digress...

My point is that if you had the TM in PDF format on your computer, you would have found the answer in less time than it took to login here and post the question (and receive the abuse :D ). Open the TM, click "Table of Contents", click "Equipment Description and Data", scroll down about 5 pages and it would bite you, if it were a snake. It takes me longer than that to log in and get to the right forum, click "New thread" and type in my subject, then type my message, try to check it for grammar and spelling (this part is omitted by many, so I think it might actually be optional)..... Heck, I'm tired of creating my new thread already...

Just saying... ;)

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on guys for simple stuff cant we just get answers while we are studying for our TM exam? Just saying.
Actually there are reasons for the answers that tell you to look in the TM or use search first.

From another thread in the last two weeks:

"He promised to be nicer to posters who don't know how to spell or use capital letters correctly and put their address in their profile or ask about getting a CDL in EastBFE (or west for that matter) or how to get insurance for a Deuce/M923/M818/Children's Tricycle or how to register an MV as historic so you can screw the government out of fees when you drive it every day to work or posting current auction links to GL or posting current auction links to Ebay or posting auction links to GSA or post audio MP3s of actual auctioneers auctioning off MVs in their spare time or tie their own shoes or what that extra hole is for on the bottom of a Deuce or if you can run Nitro Methane Liquid Hydrogen slurry in a Cummins 8.3 or how to get 1,273.6HP out of a LDT multi-fuel engine by turning the secret knob on the back of the engine or why does my "C" turbo whine so much or why doesn't my "D" turbo whine as much as a "C" or how do you turn the lights on using three levers or the last one, moderators who write run on sentences."

After seeing dozens or hundreds of posts for the same thing over and over and sometimes every week people get tired of new people asking questions right off the bat without doing even a modicum of due diligence.

I guess the answer to your question is no. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks