• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am happy to announce that the time has come for the 2013 Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally info thread!

There is one big change-although I am going to maintain a behind the scenes hand on the rally, this year, Swiss is going to be the leader. Last year, I worked myself to death running the event and I didn’t have a great time as I was coming off a nasty upper respiratory infection. Had I not been responsible for the event, I would not have been there. So this year, I want to be able to relax, get in some more trail rides and goof off with my friends.

Swiss is more than capable of running this op, as his day job encompasses complexities far more challenging. He will be assisted by the excellent and highly competent rally staff and I’ll always be available to offer assistance.

In closing, thanks for the years of support, the rally wouldn’t be where it is without the help that so many of you have provided to me and the rally. I am humbled by the thanks I have received from so many of you.

Clint

Last edited by a moderator:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are Invited!

Welcome to 2013 Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally, (13SSGR)

We cordially invite all Steel Soldiers Members, family, friends, military enthusiast’s, great people and anyone else interested to the 2013 Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally!

To start, I would like to thank Clinto for his eight years of dedication to making the Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally, (SSGR) the event that it is today. This is a grass roots Rally that was started as a backyard picnic in 2006 with 8 military vehicles and last year surpassed 100+ military trucks. SSGR is a legacy to Clinto and many others who have worked selflessly to make this event happen. A Big Salute to Clinto for improving the lives of all who have attended the SSGR both past and future.

This is a closed thread at this time. In June this thread will be opened for posting so you can subscribe and join the fun that starts today! Do not create additional rally threads; they will be deleted by our wonderful moderators.

2013 Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally, (13SSGR)
· DATES: October 9-13, 2013 Wednesday-Sunday
· LOCATION: Durhamtown Plantation Off-road Park, Union Point, Georgia
· COSTS: 13SSGR No Charge for Rally Attendance
· Durhamtown Costs: Camping/Lodging/Trail rides outlined in more detail later in this post
· LODGING: Durhamtown facilities: Camping or limited cabins available for rent
· FACILITIES: Clean Porta Potties and External Hand Wash Stations
· FOOD: Available for purchase from the MKT, Military Kitchen Trailer, Durhamtown Café or bring your own
· RAIN OR SHINE
· ACTIVITIES: Trail Rides, Fellowship, Campfires, Vendors and so much more
· ATMOSPHERE: Family Friendly, Respect of all Others and Safety will be emphasized at all times. Violators will be asked to leave.

Feel free to send a link to this post to any friends who may be interested in attending.

See what you missed last year!
http://vimeo.com/51498861

To learn more please read all the details, the knowledge is here for those that seek the truth.

The Rally is a 5 day event with the busiest times Friday and Saturday. Wednesday and Thursday are ramping up with attendees from all over the world coming in and Sunday is demobilization as everyone starts packing and getting ready for the trip home. That being said we started on the previous Saturday last year for the diehards, (John, Ron, Steve). Actually John started Friday, but you cannot have a Rally by yourself.

Past Years Events
If you are unfamiliar with the SSGR, then check out the after action threads from the last few years. These threads features pictures and videos from each year's event:

2012: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...timedia-thread
2011: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rall...ia-thread.html
2010: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rall...ia-thread.html
2009: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rall...ia-thread.html
2008: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rall...ia-thread.html
2007: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rall...bs-thread.html

Durhamtown Plantation in Union Point, Ga. Durhamtown is a facility which has catered to the motocross and ATV markets for several years and recently they expanded to include a 1200 acre off-road park for vehicles creating the best Military Vehicle Trail Riding in the United States at the SSGR.

Directions
Please make sure you pay careful attention to their directions page (Directions ). See where it says “Using GPS or MapQuest will take you on unnecessary dirt roads! We recommend using our directions.”? Well, it’s the truth. This place is in a very rural area and it’s easy to get lost. Cell phone reception is very poor in this area so make sure you know exactly how to get there and make sure you have Durhamtown’s phone # so that if you get lost and you manage to get a signal you can call them.

The owner of the Durhamtown has greatly supported us in putting on our rally, allowing us into restricted areas and giving us greater hours of access to the trails, provided porta-potties in our field free of charge, given us our own, private fenced-in area for our rally and has even come over to our campfire to eat with us. All the employees of Durhamtown love having us there and are outstanding people. The enthusiasm we have received from everyone from the owner all the way down the chain has been nothing short of outstanding. We are guest of Durhamtown and need to respect the facilities and employees.

IMPORTANT: A note about Durhamtown-they don't put on the SSGR; we do. If you call them and catch one of their customer service representatives, they may have no idea what you are talking about when you tell them you are coming to the "military vehicle show".

Lodging
You have several options at the SSGR: You can pitch a tent or sleep in your truck for a primitive camping fee of $15 per night for 3 people, $5 per additional person. You can rent an RV or a cabin from Durhamtown (fees vary, see their site for details) or you can bring your own camper (they do have electric, water and sanitation hookups for RVs). Please see the Durhamtown website with any questions you have about lodging and additional details.

When contacting Durhamtown for lodging or RV reservations (not needed for primitive camping), talk to them about what you are looking to rent and on which dates. Don’t call and tell them you are inquiring about the SSGR or the military vehicle rally, they will have no idea what you are talking about.

Costs
Your only costs will be lodging (camping or rental fees), food (if you eat at Durhamtown’s excellent café or the MKT) and the off-road park access fees. Off-road park access fees are described on Durhamtown’s site. There is no admission fee for the rally itself. So if you can only come one day and you are not off-roading, you will encounter no fees. If you ride with another person in their vehicle, there is a small Off Road park access fee. Additional details can be found on the Durhamtown website.

Where to Pay Your Fees
Fees for Lodging, Camping, Off Roading are to be paid at the main Lodge or office areas. Last year, Durhamtown offered to have an employee sit with us at our registration desk and register participants for camping and off-roading, thus saving them the trip to the lodge. They decided not to do this at the last minute, but we are going to attempt to persuade them to do this for 2013. If it happens, it will make all of our lives much easier. If not, you’ll need to go to the lodge and pay for your camping and off-roading bands before coming to the rally field. Registration will be checking that the camping fees have been paid. I will update the thread when we get closer to the rally and have our sit-down meeting with Mike from Durhamtown.

Food & drink
You can bring your own food, eat at Durhamtown’s excellent café which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner or you can eat at our fully functioning Military Kitchen trailer. The MKT will be serving breakfast, lunch and dinner during set hours. The prices are very low as well (comparable to fast food prices). The MKT also had tea and coffee. There are not any restaurants nearby other than Durhamtown’s café, so please make sure you have a plan! MKT operator and master chef SCSG-G4 will post the menu and prices as we get closer to the dates. Saturday night is Steak Night at the MKT!

On Site Military Kitchen Trailer, MKT (SSGR Diner)
Wednesday Evening Dinner 1800 hours
· Chicken Bog (chicken, rice, peas, maybe onions, carrots, etc.)
Breakfast 0800 hour
· Eggs, bacon/sausage, grits, biscuit, SOS,
Lunch 1200-1300 hours
· Ham/cheese or turkey/cheese sandwiches, potato chips and a fruit cup
Thursday Evening Dinner 1800 hours
· ChiliMac with a side of green beans or corn
Friday Evening Dinner 1800 hours
· Pulled Pork and Veggies
Saturday Night Dinner 1800 hours
· Steak with veggies
·
For now we hope to stick with the about same prices $3.00 for breakfast, $3 or 4 for lunch (higher if fresh fruit - apples and bananas), and $5 for weekday suppers and $7 for steak night.

Activities
SSGR offers attendees every aspect of a military vehicle rally that is possible. Great people, camping, socializing, get-togethers in the evenings around a huge campfire, off-roading of every variety, vendors selling parts and accessories, vehicle displays, and an authentic Military Kitchen trailer (MKT) providing hot breakfasts, lunches and dinners for very reasonable prices.

There is no hard fast schedule for SSGR activities; there are planned activities such as trail riding and the HardBall Convoy. One of the most important aspects of the SSGR has always been for it to be “all things to all people”-if you want to come to the rally and spend the entire weekend on the trails, you can. If you want to spend a relaxing weekend at camp looking at military vehicles, you can. You could spend 3 days buying and selling items. There is no rule or expectation for attendees to do anything other than show up and have a good time.

Trail Rides

Trail rides for many attendees have been the highlight of the Rally. Squirt –Truck is in charge of the trail rides this year and has 3 other trail ride leaders. You must have paid Durhamtown for the Off-road park access fees to participate. Historically there has been a short, 1-3 hour trail ride in the mornings, go back to camp for lunch, then an afternoon excursion on the trails, then back to the camp for dinner. Potentially, there may be an after dinner trail ride, as the night trail rides have been very popular. Drinking and Driving is not only illegal, but will not be tolerated. We will have more details on the Trail Rides coming later.

The Trail Ride Leaders are:
Squirt-Truck
Dumpster
Mdmorgan
Mdmorganwife

The off-roading ranges from easy to very challenging and provides in some areas a level of difficultly for the most adventurous operators. Nobody gets left behind and the Trail Leaders are there to ensure everyone’s safety and they have authority over all activities on the trail. We have several highly experienced professional off roaders and recovery experts, so getting stuck isn’t an issue.

Every year Durhamtown has opened new areas to explore, so we aren't recapturing the same trails every time.

Call for Volunteers
SSGR is run by volunteer leaders who dedicate their time and talents to make this event happen. We are not paid, have full time jobs and are driven by a passion to help Steel Soldiers and the Military Truck hobby grow and prosper. Please keep this fact in mind when you have complaints, or feel that the guy camping next to you snores to loud.

Volunteering makes the Rally happen. Please use your gifts and talents to help where you are comfortable and can make a difference. If you do volunteer, you are making a commitment and as fine men and women of Steel Soldiers you need to honor that commitment. Please PM me if you are committed to helping and making a difference.

Volunteers Needed
MKT: Military Kitchen Preparation and Cleanup. There is always preparation for each meal and clean up after the meals where assistance is needed. On Sunday morning SCSG-G4 and Wreckerman have an epic morning getting the MKT prepped for the ride home. They are there for us, let’s be there for them.

Registration: We also need volunteers to man the front gate and check in rally attendees and familiarize them with the layout of the field. Kenny can't stay there the entire time; he needs time for trail rides, convoys, social time, etc. We are looking at 3-4 hour blocks of time dependent on the number of volunteers. This is a great way to meet everyone and make a difference.

Radio command post: Anybody that has a radio system, 8+ hand held and can coordinate communications among the Rally Staff please PM me. With over 200 vehicles and 300+ attendees we are in desperate need of better communications.

Logistics: There is always a need for pickup of ice, moving this item from point A to point B, finding something and many other items. Attendees who can volunteer for 3-4 hour blocks to be available for running around and odd tasks are welcome.

We will have other needs and I will post them as the need comes up.

Weather:
The last 9 years weather on this weekend:

2012 temps: 45/74
2011 temps: 49/81
2010 temps: 46/79
2009 temps: 51/80
2008 temps: 46/61
2007 temps: 59/77
2006 temps: 32/59
2005 temps: 48/65
2004 temps: 56/67

Please prepare accordingly-the weather could be perfect Southern fall weather, requiring nothing more than a t-shirt or it could be very chilly and rainy. At night around the campfire, you will likely want some kind of a jacket and perhaps hat, gloves, etc.

Communications:
Durhamtown is in a rural area and cell phone reception is spotty at best.

Convoy and travel ops:
People come to the SSGR from all over-Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee, North Carolina, Louisiana, Alabama, New York, Ohio, Wisconsin, Virginia and everywhere in between. If you are interested in meeting up with others and coming in together, please post (in this thread) where you are leaving from and when. If there is enough interest in a “convoy to the SSGR thread” from a specific state, we will start one and place a link to it from this thread. I am really trying to keep most of the rally information in one place-we don’t need 5 threads for one rally

Parts wanted/for sale/swap meet thread:
SSGR provides an excellent opportunity to buy or sell your Military parts and other related items at the swap meet. There is a huge vendor showing with a broad range of parts and items for sale. Looking for something in particular? You can probably locate it at the SSGR. The Parts Wanted/For Sale/Swap Meet thread will be opening up in June so that everyone can start talking about what they are bringing and what you need.!
This is last year’s thread to give you an example of how this works.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcomin...ap-thread.html

Look for the new thread opening for posting in the June time frame.

Site Layout:
If you have a few (5-10) items for sale, you can set them up next to your truck in your camping area. If you have more than 10 items, you need to grab a vendor spot. See maps below with questions. You can camp in your swap meet space or you can have a swap meet space and a camping space on the right. As always, vendor spots are free.

In 2012, our new field was split up, half into general parking and half into swap meet. This year, we will allow the entire field to be swap meet area and move all general parking into the lower (wooded/shaded) area, behind the MKT. In 2012, the field was extremely difficult to get vehicles in and out of, so we’re going to try and alleviate some of this for 2013.

T-shirts
Wreckerman893 is the official 13SSRG Rally T Shirt vendor and is sanctioned by Chris of Steel Soldiers and SSGR. We will have t-shirts available for the 2013 event, when more information is available, a thread will be created and linked here.

FAQ:
Is the rally child and animal friendly?
Yes-but as in all aspects of life, please show consideration for others. Aggressive dogs or constant barkers should be managed in a respectful way and poorly behaved children will be drafted into cleaning mud out of tire treads. The SSGR is a family friendly affair, so behave accordingly.

How many people will be there?
It’s safe to say we should have over 250 attendees and at least 90 military vehicles, plus trailers. Last year’s turnout was over 106 military vehicles, more than 150 if you count trailers.

Do I have to be a member of www.steelsoldiers.com to attend? What if I don’t own a (or can’t bring my) vehicle?
No, you have to be interested in the historic military vehicle hobby! If you do not have a vehicle, this isn’t a problem. We can probably even find someone to let you ride with on the trails if you wish to go.

Is there electricity at the rally?
Yes and no. In the general field, no. There are 12 spots in the main field you can rent from Durhamtown for $25 a day that have power and water. Some of these have 3 pin/30A power, and some have dual 3 pin/30A as well as 4 pin/50A power. All have water spigots, but they do not have a sanitation hookup, so if you are hooking an RV to this, you’ll use your brown/black tanks for this. Two of these are taken for the MKT.

Do I need to bring firewood?
YES!!!!!!! Bring an entire forest! We cannot have enough. Gimpy and Jerry like a BIG campfire. Let's give it to 'em.

Hardball Convoy!
After the outstanding reception we received from the 2012 convoy, we’re repeating it identically for 2013. The whole idea of the hardball convoy was to let attendees get some awesome pics and video of their rides along with 20+ other military vehicles and to let attendees who aren't participating in the off-road activities have a chance to play with their trucks. Last year, we had 39 military vehicles participate in the convoy and the pictures and video were amazing. A convoy of almost 40 MV’s is over a mile long so on straightaways, all you could see was green.

Hardball Schedule
At 10:30am on Saturday, 12-October, we will depart the SSGR AO for Heavy's BBQ, a local BBQ place which is 22 miles away. Lots of hills, curves and straightaways, so the opportunity for good pics will be outstanding. Only 2 turns between D-town and Heavy's. Very rural, with very little traffic, so our slow moving convoy will not inconvenience anyone.

We anticipate 30 minutes of travel time, then arrive, get parked, order lunch, eat and return to D-town. This year’s plan allows attendees the opportunity to do both the Hardball Convoy and Saturday trail rides. We anticipate returning to D-town at approximately 1:30pm.

The menu and prices at Heavy's are as follows:

Rib plate. $10.75
Bbq pork or chicken plate. $9.50
Combination platter. $13.75
Child's plate. $8.75
Bowl of stew. $4.40
Bowl of slaw. $3.10
Half a chicken. $6.00
Bbq sandwich. $3.85
Rib sandwich. $5.00
Chicken sandwich. $3.85
Slice of pie. $2.75
Whole pie. $11.00
Sweet potato,lemon,pecan & coconut
Sweet tea or lemonade $1.85
Can drinks. $1.00

A map of our route can be seen at this link: Durhamtown Plantation Resort to 2155 Sparta Rd SE, Crawfordville, GA 30631 - Google Maps

The restaurant does not have enough interior seating for all of us, but they do have multiple park style benches and tables outside. I am sure a hardy group such as ours can make do.

Although I am posting all this info, Wreckerman893 will be heading up the convoy. So if he asks you to jump, ask him how high and comply!

NOTE: I need volunteer photographers and videographers to shoot the convoy! Please pm me!

Release of Liability

The website www.steelsoldiers.com and/or Durhamtown Plantation, and any person acting in conjunction with those entities will not be held liable for any injuries to anyone attending the SSGR or damage to personal/private property during the SSGR. All persons accept this personal responsibility and releasewww.steelsoldiers.com and their agents (rally organizers, volunteers, etc.) and/or Durhamtown Plantation and their agents (employees, etc.) from all and any liability resulting from injury or damages to property from or by attending the rally. Attendance at the rally is and will be understood to signify acceptance of these terms.

The Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally is a Family Friendly Event. Violators will be asked to leave.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Map and Details

Ladies and Gentleman the clock is ticking and excitement building. All systems are a go for the 2013 Georgia Rally. A small recon team was out at Durhamtown on Saturday working on final details and everything looked great. With all the rain the field is green with grass and the whole area is mowed and awaiting our arrival. The trails are wet and we explored some new areas to play in the woods. Stay tuned as we post more last minute details.

We have a few changes that everyone needs to be aware of coming into the Rally this year. The main field will be reserved for the swap meet and the reserved camping ares. The main camp area is now moved into the wooded area as outlined in the map below.

Map 1: Overall Layout- Shows the overall layout of the Rally for 2013. Please note the entrance from Randolph Church and the registration area on the right once you turn in to Durhamtown. When you arrive please stop by registration to get your name tag and information packet.

Map 2: Swap Meet Area-Shows the layout detail for the swap meet. The legend is below:
1.) Green: This area is available for swap meet vendors to setup. Please note the firepit will be in front of the MKT and is show as the star on the map so be aware that these are not small fires and plan accordingly.

2.) Black: Roads and access. When setting up please note the general location of the roads. We need safe access and travel areas within the swap meet area. Please pay attention when setting up that you keep 20 foot wide road areas open as noted by the map. This will help everyone move safely around and provide access for loading and unloading. Vendors that setup in the roadway will be asked to move.

3.) Yellow: Yellow designates reserved camping spots that individuals have paid for and reserved along with key Rally personal such as MKT, Safety, Registration etc. These areas are not available for setting up unless you have registered and paid with Durhamtown.

4.) MKT: Blue designates the Food Area. This is the MKT where meals will be served at the set times.

5.) Red: This is the loading and unloading area for heavy equipment. This area needs to be kept open with an entrance and exit to the road to allow large equipment such as wreckers to safely unload equipment and loading.

6) Stars: This is the main firepit area.

7) Purple: Transport Truck parking parallel to fence. We have a few large truck and trailer assemblies such as a 5 ton and 30 foot trailers, and the Proud American landall. These can be parked along the fence behind the loading area. These trucks may have to come out for recovery so this area needs to be accessible to get a truck out.

Let the countdown begin and GOD SPEED and safe travels for all our attendees.

Overall Layout.jpgSSGARally Swap Meet Layout Area Updated.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trail Rides

2013 Steel Solders Georgia Rally - Trail Information.

Basics:
ALL drivers MUST have wrist bands verifying payment of Driver Fee.
All passengers MUST have wrist bands verifying payment of spectator fee.

Trail Fees to be paid at the main lodge:
· $25 1 day pass
· $45 2 day pass
· $65 3 day pass
· $10 Spectator / riders per day

The Trail Ride Leaders are:
1. Squirt-Truck
2. Dumpster
3. Mdmorgan
4. Mdmorganwife

No intoxicated drivers or passengers, no alcohol on the trails.

Organized Trail Rides will be from Thursday – Saturday in the general time frames outlined below:

· Morning Ride
· Early Afternoon
· Later Afternoon

If on an organized or group ride the trail leader is the BOSS and their word is law. If in a convoy, the driver is ALWAYS responsible for the vehicle immediately BEHIND them. Do not follow to close; we do have to back sometimes. Respect the tonnage of what you are driving, BE SAFE.

You do NOT need to wait for an organized trail ride, serve yourself, but, it is HIGHLY recommended not to ride alone, it can be a long walk out.

Organized group rides need to be limited to 7-8 trucks MAX, refer to the direction of the trail leader. This is to allow everyone in a convoy to be a part of the actions and not just sit in traffic.

We have two (2) park areas that we have full access to.
Park #1, South East of the lodge, this park has gentle roadways with off road courses and challenges, they range from mild to severe and extreme.

Park #2, North West of the SS assembly area, has gentle roadways with off road courses, and challenges, some are can be very challenging and technical.

Woods trail, very gentle, nice shady ride, can be tight in places. Just because you may have been on that trail before, with the rains and traffic, the trails are very different that they have been. We do have some areas that are going to be soft, if someone wants to tackle these let a trail leader know or locate the Trail Master (Squirt-Truck) and we will pre-plan for the recovery.

The ATV Park is OFF LIMITS till after 17:30. DO NOT cross any rope roadways, respect signage. If riding in the ATV park after 17:30, all access ropes and such MUST be re-installed as found.

All routine trails have been traversed by Little-Truck (M-37) for 4 wheel vehicles; size has been cleared by Dumpster (M-51 w/oversize mirrors) for trucks. Jeeps fit into this somewhere but we have proven that they will not float, just ask Tigger.

No SS'er gets left behind. We will have recovery personnel and equipment available. Do NOT damage your vehicle trying to prove that you can get it out, request help. Best efforts will be made to use immediate personnel and equipment for recovery, but if needed we have two (2) 5-tons with winches that will be running heavy recovery if needed. (Dumpster and Makincold) Recovery can be DANGEROUS, caution is a must, get the appropriate help.

We all need to be careful , enjoy, have fun, get dirty, try not to break anything major and let’s NOT GET HURT!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rules

It is great to see everyone's excitement and and all the hard work in preparation for the Rally is winding down. We are now at 123 hours and counting down.

In a few days we will gather together as the 2013 Georgia Rally Steel Soldiers Family. As with any family we may have our differences of opinion and views but all have to live together.

The Rally has always prided itself as a family event that demonstrates the true spirit of Steel Soldiers.

· Helpful
· Supportive
· Respectful
· Trustworthy

Personally with all that is happening recently with our nation’s government and society, I look forward to all the positive experiences that the Rally will bring in the next few days.

We would like to set a few expectations for everyone.

1.) No Drinking and Driving

2.) No Open Carry Fire Arms

3.) No Firearms Sales

4.) No Blaring music, excessive horns blowing etc.

5.) No Speeding or Reckless driving

The Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally is a Family Friendly Event. Violators will be asked to leave.

God Speed and Safe Travels to Everyone!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 2013 Georgia Steel Soldiers Rally thread is now open. We invite everyone to start planning for your attendance October 9[SUP]th[/SUP] -13[SUP]th[/SUP]. Those that have attended in the past will attest that the Georgia Rally has something for everyone to enjoy. Hopefully the invite above has all the details and answers any questions that you may have in your planning and attendance. If you have a question that has not been answered please feel free to send me a PM via Steel Soldiers and we will get you an answer.

Please feel free to join this thread and follow any updates that we will provide as necessary. We realize that the SS community members will be posting their plans and thoughts which is great. Remember in your postings we are respectful, courteous and concise.

We look forward to joining old friends, meeting new friends and continuing the spirit of Friendship & Sharing with all of you at the Georgia Steel Soldiers Rally in the fall!

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Swiss for taking the lead on this event.

Hopefully PapaBear has his new Command Car by then

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If you have considered attending this event in the past, this is the year to do it.

No other rally offers what we offer:

Conveniences:
Reasonable, non-summer weather
Lodging with heat, a/c and hot showers available
Prepared food at the MKT and D-town lodge
Water and electricity available in field (limited, see post #2 for details)

Attractions:
Excellent swap meet
Excellent offroading on thousands of acres
Hardball convoy... In 2012 we took 39 vehicles on a road march to get lunch. Epic pics and video ensued.
Over 100 vehicles on display.

Now that the rally has gotten this big, we're going to concentrate on making it better. So if you want to come, find a way!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any members in SC or really anywhere, that wants to go, but doesn't have anything to drive, contact me before hand and I'll put you in a pass seat or driver seat. I will have 5 trucks going, and there is only me and the wife. My flatbed will be hauling the 2013 GARRR (GA Rally Railroad) so the rest of the trucks have to come on their own wheels.

I plan on being there the Friday before, OCT 4th. Any of my trucks can come at anytime during the week, so don't feel you have to ride with me the first trip. On Thursday my wife will drive down in the M109A5, and anyone is welcome to ride with her, convoy, or drive/ride something else of mine down.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just hoping michigandon will have his full service "Javaman" operation up and running. I had a blast last year and will try and get down a little earlier this year. Not sure yet but may have room if someone else from out here on the plains needs a ride.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a couple of spots to the left (while facing) of this will be the registration area. There should be a green flashing strobe to denote it's location. Please stop by here first to get your name tag and some information about the rally. It will be run a little differently this year and there will be changes as bumps arise so please bear with us.

phil2968

Re: Official 2013 SS Ga. Rally Info thread

I should arrive Saturday afternoon. I will volunteer to work the gate/check in point Wednesday morning.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should arrive Saturday afternoon. I will volunteer to work the gate/check in point Wednesday morning.
Phil thank you for volunteering to help Kenny, your service is very much appreciated and will help make sure everyone is properly greeted, and knows the lay of the land. :)

We need other volunteers! Those willing to share their talents with others please do not hesitate to step up. This is a members grass roots rally and it is with the help of those who volunteer their time and efforts that make the GA Rally a great event.

Specific help that is needed:
Call for Volunteers
SSGR is run by volunteer leaders who dedicate their time and talents to make this event happen. We are not paid, have full time jobs and are driven by a passion to help Steel Soldiers and the Military Truck hobby grow and prosper. Please keep this fact in mind when you have complaints, or feel that the guy camping next to you snores to loud.

Volunteering makes the Rally happen. Please use your gifts and talents to help where you are comfortable and can make a difference. If you do volunteer, you are making a commitment and as fine men and women of Steel Soldiers you need to honor that commitment. Please PM me if you are committed to helping and making a difference.

Volunteers Needed
MKT: Military Kitchen Preparation and Cleanup. There is always preparation for each meal and clean up after the meals where assistance is needed. On Sunday morning SCSG-G4 and Wreckerman have an epic morning getting the MKT prepped for the ride home. They are there for us, let’s be there for them.

Registration: We also need volunteers to man the front gate and check in rally attendees and familiarize them with the layout of the field. Kenny can't stay there the entire time; he needs time for trail rides, convoys, social time, etc. We are looking at 3-4 hour blocks of time dependent on the number of volunteers. This is a great way to meet everyone and make a difference.

Radio command post: Anybody that has a radio system, 8+ hand held and can coordinate communications among the Rally Staff please PM me. With over 200 vehicles and 300+ attendees we are in desperate need of better communications.

Logistics: There is always a need for pickup of ice, moving this item from point A to point B, finding something and many other items. Attendees who can volunteer for 3-4 hour blocks to be available for running around and odd tasks are welcome.

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I should be able to help him with that! I have 2 radios for the first aid tent one stayes at the tent and i carry one on me! If you need something and I'm not there the box is labeled. take what you need, If you need my services call me on the radio! I an a paramedic and I will have some limited meds with me that will be locked up per the law. To be used in emergency's and i must sign off on and account for when I return home! All of my services will be free of charge, I volunteer for the rally so if you need something don't be afraid to ask.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If all of Adam's trucks wind up with drivers, remember, I need to get two vehicles there, because the MKT operation takes two trailers, one to cook in and one to clean up. And, I'm hoping to have the FRFS Bunk Trailer done by then, and it will need a truck and driver at minimum. So, plenty of opportunity to drive an MV to the rally.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll volunteer several hours and days at the registration table, after the railroad is laid.

EMD567 says he will work the gate wed morning with Phil. 0800-1200

Mike's stuff is more important than mine, mine is only to boost the rally truck and trailer count. :tinkerbell: So any drivers that volunteer we will see about getting Mike's stuff moved first. He usually comes down on Wed morning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks