• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiterabbit

The wife and I had a wonderful time! We can almost never steal away from the hectic work schedules and the things life throws at you but I ALWAYS will find a way to attend this rally for a little R&R. It is a blast!
I think there is no better rally out there, tons of smiles and laughs, good food, good friends, good trail riding, just a great event!
I'd like to thank the trail bosses, good job!
When's the next rally? I gott'a mark the calendar!

Oh, and if all goes well, the wife will be running her M151A2 so watch out!

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Glad to see the site back up and running. I was in "Steel Soldiers Withdrawal" since it went down.

On behalf of the MKT staff I want to personally thank Microjeep for helping out so much. He undertook a less than glamous task and far exceeded standards with it. It's folks like him and Walkerhunter that allow us to keep the cost of meals low and the quality of chow high. To all the other volunteers who work tirelessly, Miss Pam, Miss Nancy, PopPop, Tigger and others who's name escape me, thank you for assisting us.
I also want to thank those who bought shirts and help fund my ever spirialing Green Iron Addiction. I have about 39 shirts left, mostly in "big boy and girl" sizes and will post about mail order in the t-shirt thread. Next years shirt will feature a vehicle that attended this year and I may hold to that practice since it allows me to use a real picture instead of line art that I have to search to find.
I also did well on the mats I sold and appreciate your support on that. I may do it again next year if my "guy" still has access to inventory.
Mike and I will be working together on fixing a few glitches we had (nothing serious) and preparing for next year.
Next year can't get here soon enough. As Kenny says "start putting your rally money in a jar and by next year you'll be set".

3dAngus

Compliments to the Chefs! Mike and team did another excellent job at the MKT. I cannot say enough about how incredibly valuable it is to have him there serving all those meals. Just imagine 108 truck owners individually preparing three meals a day and how much time, collectively, that would suck up out of your day.

Also, compliments to Blake, with his restaurant quality BBQ. It was fantastic, where all the trimmings were also perfect, in the cole slaw, and baked beans that would compliment his smoked pork. Blake said the meat should speak for itself, and no BBQ should ever be needed, and when I watched him cook, and saw him cut up the steaming moist and delicious pork, I KNEW he KNEW what he was talking about, and was not dissappointed. He put about 50 pounds of pork on and I would encourage him to follow his heart and dreams and open up that restaurant. Without a doubt, he will do well! (Just park a former Military Vehicle in front of it) LOL

Top NOTCH!!
Thanks to all the Chefs at the SS Rally. You guys are what REALLY make it what it is today.

Swiss, I just wish I had your teeth. Great smile, and it never went away. Great job on organizing your first Ga. Rally. They did well by picking you to organize the 2013 Ga Rally. Filling Clinto's shoes is a tall order! You did it Buddy! Thanks again.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He put about 50 pounds of pork on and I would encourage him to follow his heart and dreams and open up that restaurant. Without a doubt, he will do well! (Just park a former Military Vehicle in front of it) LOL

Top NOTCH!!
Thanks to all the Chefs at the SS Rally. You guys are what REALLY make it what it is today.
If he does open one remember who I said could make the pies. :) Just awesome.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also, compliments to Blake, with his restaurant quality BBQ. It was fantastic, where all the trimmings were also perfect, in the cole slaw, and baked beans that would compliment his smoked pork. Blake said the meat should speak for itself, and no BBQ should ever be needed, and when I watched him cook, and saw him cut up the steaming moist and delicious pork, I KNEW he KNEW what he was talking about, and was not dissappointed. He put about 50 pounds of pork on and I would encourage him to follow his heart and dreams and open up that restaurant. Without a doubt, he will do well! (Just park a former Military Vehicle in front of it) LOL
That was NOT restaurant quality BBQ. I've dined at many BBQ restaurants and they were only that in namesake. To lower Blake's BBQ to "restaurant quality" is a disservice to him!

I'm not sure I'd want him to open up a restaurant, as I could see road trips ahead for me!

Very well done Blake, very well done!

3dAngus

If he does open one remember who I said could make the pies. :) Just awesome.
I heard about the gallon of milk sliding off the seat as Joyce was braking and falling onto the pies. She was so embarrassed to have delivered them like that. After driving all that way with them, she couldn't toss them. Hope they were OK in spite of the hole in the pie. Me being me, I thought it was kinda funny. She is so clumsy, but a lot of fun.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was so good, I will drop a gallon jug of milk on the next pie I make, just to remember how good it was!

TY

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That meal of Blakes is something I really missed by not being there. I got to enjoy some of that last year, and I have got to say, I have never had BBQ that good before or since. After hearing how good ya'll thought it was makes me even more committed to making the trip next year.

CycleJay

Attention everyone,

I have a question for all of you...

On Sunday October 13th, 2013.. (Last Sunday)

Did any of you drive up the I-75 thru Marietta, Ga. on your way home?

If so... Do you remember seeing people stand on the Delk Road overpass exit #261... Between 10am and 2pm..??

If you saw a man dressed in Woodland Camo waving and saluting at you as you drove under the bridge, you may know who that is..
And now know why I was NOT at the Georgia rally this year..

Be well and Good night..

God bless all of you.

CJ

michigandon

That was NOT restaurant quality BBQ. I've dined at many BBQ restaurants and they were only that in namesake. To lower Blake's BBQ to "restaurant quality" is a disservice to him!

I'm not sure I'd want him to open up a restaurant, as I could see road trips ahead for me!

Very well done Blake, very well done!
Gotta say the same thing to Blake that I told Cabell Garbee: If he were to open up a BBQ joint, there'd be car lined up for MILES on the road out front, seven nights a week!

Kudos to him!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Well I had a great time! I hope Amandas wrist heals well! ( not my girlfriend Amanda) I ran 12 medical calls all together the hole week! 4 of them for us and the rest for DT. Only one of ours had to go to the ER Amanda Broke her wrist, as soon as i saw it I knew it was broke and her dad rushed her to the ER. She was in so much pain but i had nothing to give her for it felt bad about that. DT had several crashes sent 5 to the hospital in the van with the prudy lights! Broken ribs and scrapes, and a lot of them I'm sure were sore the next day! I'm sure I made some browny points with DT. Hopefully helped smoothed out a few issues that arouse. But all in all I think things went vary well. I cant wait till next year! I want to thank every one who gave me some medical supplies. And some sweet little girl left a hand made note with drawings and thanking me for helping every one! She even drew a photo of me with the jeep, That to me is priceless! It is hanging on my wall at home!

Last edited:

zout

Some days have gone past to reflect on the Rally and even more with the site being down to keep most of this stuff out of your head.

That saying: At the rally the one person I always saw was Mike working his arse off helping Mike at the MKT - MIKE - you have my full respect and it was more fun seeing you there and for both of us enjoying your company when you
were not volunteering for something (I think you signed up for everything).

Thanks to the Main crew for the rally - all the folks behind the scene to continue on and make it better or even the same - as in the Field of Dreams - If you build it - they will come - and how so true.
You can build it - but its the awesome display of folks attending that make it happen and breath life into the rally in one shape or manner or form - My hats off to ya all - Your all terrific folks to hang with.

MKT - Mike and crew - another fine year and professional work till the last second.

DT crew and management - thank you for the awesome crew you have - thank your for your support to SteelSoldiers Rally again in 2013 - the grounds were in perfect condition once again this year.

Whomever set up the wash stations - thank you.

Sign in Desk - it was awesome this year - it flowed like butter - even when I went to help and was told there was nothing I could do as Phil had it all under control.

Vendors - thank ya all for coming and your display of goodies some of which NWH I could afford - but it was cool to look at (the fella with the M66 gun ring Deb told me one was enough on Jokers Wild) otherwise she would have been sold.

I have never been on the trails or a ride all the time I have been there but its great seeing the video's - hopefully one of these years I can make it out there.

Another fine Georgia Rally under your belt - looking forward to 2014

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well that was a blast! There is a delay in my responce to this years rally because I actually got sick Monday day after we got back! I new I should have stayed away from those Zout Cherry's!!...:0)

Both my self and Spicy had a great time this year! We both got worn down a little by Friday night but it was worth it! She got to run the trails this year for the first time as a driver in her own vehicle! I also got to ride the trails for the first time ever this year! I road with Spicy and in back of a members Deuce and I have to say it was awesome sitting in the back hanging on for my life while the nose of the Deuce was pointing almost strait up in the air while going over a sharp muddy hill with a deep hole on the other side! Same one Ferro got stuck in moments later!

I want to thank Tigger and the other guys for watching over and helping Spicy through the trails for her first time! Although watching the video of her that tigger took and riding with her I would say she is a quick learner because she looked like she had been doing this for a long time! P.S. She did finally find her panties!....Not sure what I should think about this part!! :0)

I had a great year once again with sales in the vender area! I want to say thank you to all the members that have supported me at this event and previous as well as on the forum yall have been great to me and im very appreciated for yalls support and help! I also was able to get out and see other venders more this year and that was cool although it turned out to be bad on my wallet! But hay cant take it with you!!!

The food this year was extra great I enjoyed every breakfast along with the dinners! I also enjoyed a dinner with Zout as well as another early dinner with Blake this year and all I can say is wow the food was awesome all the way around and this year I had extra room for storage after my 50lbs loos from last year! And don't worry I plane on Having at least another 50lbs off if not more by next year!

Over all I will give the Organizers, Those with Post to report at every year like registration and Medic, to the helpers you know who you are I will give yall a BIG 15 on a 1 to 10 scale!....;0)

Would like to say more but will have to later Im being told get off the computer because of e get together we are late for! :grd:

P.S. Is it next year yet?????????????????

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome at the Rally this year! I had an absolute blast for my first year. I really enjoyed putting faces to screen names I have been talking to for awhile now. Blake thanks so much for feeding us that excellent BBQ. Thanks to everyone at the registration desk and the MKT for all your hard work. A big thanks to Swiss and the rest of the Rally team that is in charge for making this great event happen. Also thanks to the trail bosses for some great pictures and fun times on the trails. I'm ready for the next one!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The dates for the 2014 event are October 8-12, 2014.

This will be the very best Ga. Rally yet- we have 7 years of experience and we're using it to learn and make the event smoother and more organized, we've grown every single year and in 2013, we hosted 109 powered Historic Military Vehicles. This is a national show in terms of size and scope. We offer what no other show, at any size offers: Excellent diversity of vehicles, good swap meet, excellent off-roading, hardball convoy, MKT provided meals and of course, the best people in the hobby.

I expect to see you all there-mark your calendars, put your $10 a day in the bank, put in for your vacation and get ready!

I am locking this thread so you can't reply, since this is the 2013 thread. We'll put up a 2014 thread in the future, but if you have questions or want to volunteer, pm me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks