• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sat 11/9/13 9AM: DeLand FL Veteran’s Day Parade & Cookout

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi y’all!

Come one, come all to the DeLand Veteran’s Day Parade & Cookout at Rayzer’s Camp!! :)

We will be participating in the DeLand Veteran’s Day Parade with the DeLand Naval Air Station Museum. Since we are riding with the Museum, we fall under their registration in the parade. We will meet at the Museum between 8-9AM, and will convoy over to the lineup. The parade route takes us through beautiful Downtown DeLand and Stetson University.

The DNAS Museum is located at 910 Biscayne Blvd, DeLand 32724
http://www.delandnavalairmuseum.org

Event Timeline:
8-9AM: meet at the DNAS Museum
9:30AM: convoy to parade lineup
10AM: parade starts
11AM (ish): convoy back to the Museum
11:30AM (ish): convoy to Rayzer’s Camp. Route is TBD.

After the parade, we will convoy back to the Museum where we will regroup and convoy to Rayzer’s Camp for a cookout. The exact route is TBD but will probably take 1 hour to make the trip.

Rayzer and I will provide hot dogs, hamburgers, and condiments. If you’d like to participate in the cookout, please RSVP via PM or on this thread. Please bring a side dish. Please let me know what you’re bringing so we have a variety, and can limit duplicate dishes. Drinks: bring your own & bring some to share! I suggest bringing collapsible chairs if you have them. If not, pick up a couple at Wally World.

Please RSVP by November 7th so we can plan how many burger patties and hot dogs we'll need.

Hope to see y’all there! [thumbzup]

Last edited:

RAYZER

This parade was alot of fun last year and will be even better this year!
I want to invite anyone that can make it to the cookout at my place afterwards to come and join us !
The cookout festivities this time will be out back in the middle field where there are some nice shade trees and surrounded by woods! There is plenty of room for parking and turn around for any size rig.
Perfect weather is predicted!

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DHennon said he can make it! :)

Anyone else interested in having a great time with a bunch of fellow green iron addicts? :cookoo:

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lindsay & Phil can't make it. :-( I hate it when work gets in the way of well needed play. :-(

Last edited:

Lindsaym151

Well the gods have said that I need to be their.As of today im back in, This could change at any moment! Ray you need to call me , My old phone got fragged on my last trip! Lost all #s

Lindsaym151

Hey guys, I need some help finding some guys in lake county for the parade.I need Frank Nigro's # and waynes call sign on steel soldiers.
They both went last year and we could convoy up there this year plus I got about six more Mvpa guys that might want to go!

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you can make it, Pinz! Are you planning on coming to the cookout afterwards?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks