• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Readers HMMWV Rides

wereyellingirene

I reference this forum a lot. Below are some photos of my ride. It started life as a Marine Corps M998 from the original auction. Now converted fully to M1025/1026 with basic armor and winch. Tried to keep this as original as possible in every way. In fact, its based of the first HMMWV I had as a military policeman in the USAR.

I used all original CARC and stencils. 6.5 NA engine. Matching M1102 trailer. Gun is a semi-auto fully functional M2HB (title 1 firearm).

Most everything works on it, and its been a pleasure to work and learn. Only thing missing are LVOSS, so if any one can help, let me know.

1a.jpg
2a.jpg
3a.jpg
4a.jpg

Another Ahab

I get it (about the weapon). Because I'm going to say, I wouldn't be comfortable with my neighbor driving around the block sporting a fully functional .50 cal piece truth to tell. Like, yikes.

wereyellingirene

Theoretically it is legal though, as a handgun permit holder, if I wanted to drive around with it on the vehicle, and no round chambered (unless for self defense) in the state of Tennessee. I know that might be odd, but thats how the law reads. I never leave private property with the M2HB mounted though for obvious reasons!

charlietango

Picked up a couple. Brought them into the movie world. The tan one is the one upside-down in the train derailment scene. Would love to get hard doors, and roof with ring and a slant kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCIV

Got the duck as a house warming gift and kept it in the boat house, well the boat needs to be put up and needed to take it to the house. Well I wasn't going to carry it. haha. Just a grown man's rubber ducky
IMG_6550.JPG

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the duck as a house warming gift and kept it in the boat house, well the boat needs to be put up and needed to take it to the house. Well I wasn't going to carry it. haha. Just a grown man's rubber ducky
View attachment 702113
I love it!

I work for the Boy Scouts and my camp name is "the rubber Duck" and I have one of those big duckies, btw.
Never really thought of how to move it in style. Now I know :)

Rmtaunton

Picked up a couple. Brought them into the movie world. The tan one is the one upside-down in the train derailment scene. Would love to get hard doors, and roof with ring and a slant kit

Lift on the tan one ?

tanhmmwv

1997 dodge (modified push plates so zero loss of ground clearance)
fisher 8ft minute mount 1. plow pump motor is 24 volt. lights are still 12 volt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks