• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Readers HMMWV Rides

wereyellingirene

I reference this forum a lot. Below are some photos of my ride. It started life as a Marine Corps M998 from the original auction. Now converted fully to M1025/1026 with basic armor and winch. Tried to keep this as original as possible in every way. In fact, its based of the first HMMWV I had as a military policeman in the USAR.

I used all original CARC and stencils. 6.5 NA engine. Matching M1102 trailer. Gun is a semi-auto fully functional M2HB (title 1 firearm).

Most everything works on it, and its been a pleasure to work and learn. Only thing missing are LVOSS, so if any one can help, let me know.

1a.jpg
2a.jpg
3a.jpg
4a.jpg

Another Ahab

I get it (about the weapon). Because I'm going to say, I wouldn't be comfortable with my neighbor driving around the block sporting a fully functional .50 cal piece truth to tell. Like, yikes.

wereyellingirene

Theoretically it is legal though, as a handgun permit holder, if I wanted to drive around with it on the vehicle, and no round chambered (unless for self defense) in the state of Tennessee. I know that might be odd, but thats how the law reads. I never leave private property with the M2HB mounted though for obvious reasons!

charlietango

Picked up a couple. Brought them into the movie world. The tan one is the one upside-down in the train derailment scene. Would love to get hard doors, and roof with ring and a slant kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCIV

Got the duck as a house warming gift and kept it in the boat house, well the boat needs to be put up and needed to take it to the house. Well I wasn't going to carry it. haha. Just a grown man's rubber ducky
IMG_6550.JPG

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the duck as a house warming gift and kept it in the boat house, well the boat needs to be put up and needed to take it to the house. Well I wasn't going to carry it. haha. Just a grown man's rubber ducky
View attachment 702113
I love it!

I work for the Boy Scouts and my camp name is "the rubber Duck" and I have one of those big duckies, btw.
Never really thought of how to move it in style. Now I know :)

Rmtaunton

Picked up a couple. Brought them into the movie world. The tan one is the one upside-down in the train derailment scene. Would love to get hard doors, and roof with ring and a slant kit

Lift on the tan one ?

tanhmmwv

1997 dodge (modified push plates so zero loss of ground clearance)
fisher 8ft minute mount 1. plow pump motor is 24 volt. lights are still 12 volt