• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone interested in a lock for the KILL SWITCH ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a couple more ideas for your sets. Others have posted on here(SS), a lock on the transfer-case lever (to keep it in neutral) and a lock on the parking brake lever (to keep it on). Iirc, they both used a padlock.

For those who are interested in the locking door handles, here is a post that covers the conversion of the door handles to lockable ones. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3926&highlight=door+lock

And here is a link to a good tread on MV security ideas.(including the two locks I just mentioned above). http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....pic&t=4328&highlight=transfer+case+lever+lock

goldneagle

It looks like your lock also prevents the master switch from being engaged.
To be honest, you can still engage the master switch with the lock in place. I have done it on my truck.

If you add the door locks to the equation that would stop most people from messing with the truck. A keyed ignition switch would keep the starter from being used.

I wanted to make a comment to those that think their BATTERY KILL switch is the bomb. Your switch cannot prevent the truck from starting! Accidentally or Intentionally. Jump starting or a decline eliminates the need for any power to start the truck. If I lock the hood down how will you cut the cable to the fuel injector? Under the dash? A professional car thief can steal any car on the planet. i just want to keep the amateur thief or showoff from messing with my truck when I park it in front of a store.

The plus of my lock system is that you don't have to be a mechanic or do a lot of WIRING (heavy gauge cables, heavy gauge kill switch) in order to install my truck protection. There are no tools required for the KILL SWITCH lock.

Even though I may be more mechanically inclined than the average guy, I do not have anywhere near the talents that some of you have in totally rebuilding your truck or engines like it was old hat! I wish I could do the kind of work you guys did with your trucks but I have my limits!

I try to come up with simple solutions that the less gifted like me can use with their trucks. Maybe I will even come up with something that will impress the best of you!

I thank those who gave me encouraging comments. Coming from you it was a real boost.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen people take the screw out of the ignition switch and take the handle with them when they leave the truck. It's not easy to twist the switch shaft with your fingers.

tm america

keyed kill swich

i installed a keyed kill switch on my m35a2c it cuts the main feed wire from the starter relay when the switch is of nothing works not even the lights or blower motorso no worry about kids leaving the lights on or starting it i got the switch from saturnsurplus its real heavy duty been running it for three years no problems

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i installed a keyed kill switch on my m35a2c it cuts the main feed wire from the starter relay when the switch is of nothing works not even the lights or blower motorso no worry about kids leaving the lights on or starting it i got the switch from saturnsurplus its real heavy duty been running it for three years no problems

I looked at some of the "keyed" kill switches. Some I could operate with my Sears garden tractor key and some my Ford and David Brown keys. They keys were too generic. That's why I decided on the lock down switch instead.

Attachments

JasonS

If you can make money off of it, good for you... But I agree that it is a bit much to show an idea for a simple lock and then expect nobody to copy it.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
where do you get one and how much do they cost???
Local parts place.
Cole Hersee Co.
Part #2484 on the switch. $37.46

Part #24505 on the lockplate/handle. $10.62

My David Brown key is bigger than a lawnmower key!

jesusgatos

It's understandable for somebody to not want to encourage a person or company from commercializing an idea, and it sounds like that's more what the original poster is/was concerned about. No? I think it's a pretty cool idea. About as secure as the ignition lock in most other vehicles. Looks like a good deterrent to me. In combination with the other locks the original poster was talking about, I think it would make a nice set. Of course, if you want to sell any of those kill switch locks, you're going to need to make them look a little nicer than the **** you used to make yours. If I can make one better than yours, you lost at least one sale.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks