• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towbar on bumper

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

MarcM35A2

Because this Bar is the newer version. If you want to mount it you have to fix it like this. The older (smaller) Towbar is a little bit smaller at the ends of the Frame. And the newer one is a little bit tightened. And with these strond ends you can´t fold it together. So you have to turn around the leg. You know wat I mean?
Greetings Marc

Attachments

MarcM35A2

Is this the official way to fix it on the bumper? I only know the bars strapped on the bumper as I did!
But really a nice way to carry it. But I think the german police wouldn´t like the fixed bolts on the bumper...... but I should try! ;-)
Greetings Marc

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no official way to attach a towbar to a deuce bumper, the towbars are BII for wreckers only. nickd's setup is custom, and non-official.

roger-wilco-66: sorry, you'd have to hit up nickd for more pics, this is the only one I have.

jesusgatos

I was thinking about grinding down the MWO collars on my towbar, but KsM175 directed me to this thread and that got me thinking about reversing the 'short' towbar leg. I saw the way that MarcM35A2 did it, but that would require you to switch the leg back before you could use the towbar. Is there any reason why you couldn't/shouldn't just leave it set-up like this instead? I can't see there being any difference in strength, as that leg is only in straight tension/compression.

Attachments

Last edited:

jesusgatos

Oh, and by the way - why is the short leg actually so much shorter than the long leg? Even when the legs are spread to the width of the shackle-mounts, the lunette-eye is off-center. Are all of the towbars like this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks