• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towbar on bumper

Stan Leschert

Our towbars just rode in the back of the SQMS m109. The Canadian Gov't was too busy to buy us tow bar mounts. Usually the tow bar had to be employed on one of our trucks for the return trip, so stowage wasn't much of an issue. the biggest problem was deciding which vehicle was the most damaged and had to be towed, and which ones could limp back home. If you had to call depot for recovery, that was a big hit to the unit's pride!

jesusgatos

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I bought a bunch of Firestone T831's, but that's definitely a better deal. I found a Canadian distributor that has (had?) a bunch of them, but I've already got these tires and shipping was a killer.

jesusgatos

Figured it out. Evidently the two different versions of the towbars have slightly different length legs, or the holes are in different locations. Whatever. I traded my short leg for one that was the right length for my towbar, and it's all good now. Also, wanted to mention that flipping the short leg (so that the inner leg is pinned to the towbar as pictured above) works great. The towbar folds completely flat, and you don't have to grind anything, or take it apart to reassemble/use it.