• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military antennas for amature use

Rich Johnson

Here is a link to a manufacturer named Shakespeare that has many differrent types of broad and narrow band antenas that are all millspec and mount on standard military platforms. I have come across some of these on our vehicles and recognize them. I use some that I have gotten surpluss on my vehicles. If you watch ebay, they show up from time to time but its rare. I highly reccomend them for anybody wishing to mount a military antenna on a military vehicle and use it for Amature use.

Shakespeare Military and Commercial Antenna Products

Can we make this a sticky?

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Rich,

That's good info..thanks! Will any of those military Shakespeare antennas fit the marine mounts with a 1" x 14 thread bases? I have a couple of those on my U-1300 but have not found proper HF antennas to fit them.

I see from your signature that you are really into green radios. I am catching the bug and am looking at HF portables like PRC-74, PRC-174, maybe even RT-1209 or other later models. What do you use/recommend? Does this fit your thread ok?

Bob WB4ETT

Here is a link to a manufacturer named Shakespeare that has many differrent types of broad and narrow band antenas that are all millspec and mount on standard military platforms. I have come across some of these on our vehicles and recognize them. I use some that I have gotten surpluss on my vehicles. If you watch ebay, they show up from time to time but its rare. I highly reccomend them for anybody wishing to mount a military antenna on a military vehicle and use it for Amature use.

Shakespeare Military and Commercial Antenna Products

Can we make this a sticky?

Wile E. Coyote

Shakespeare's stuff is good - but pricey. The one usually used for HF to replace all the AB-21-24 and MS-116-118 copper whip antennas is the AT-1011, which Harris also offers under their own brand name. Sometimes complete AT-1011 sets show up on Epay but more often there's just individual elements, or the bag with no elements, or the various mounts used with the antenna. Been looking for a complete set for awhile. Last one on Epay went for something like $450, I think.