• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military antennas for amature use

Rich Johnson

Here is a link to a manufacturer named Shakespeare that has many differrent types of broad and narrow band antenas that are all millspec and mount on standard military platforms. I have come across some of these on our vehicles and recognize them. I use some that I have gotten surpluss on my vehicles. If you watch ebay, they show up from time to time but its rare. I highly reccomend them for anybody wishing to mount a military antenna on a military vehicle and use it for Amature use.

Shakespeare Military and Commercial Antenna Products

Can we make this a sticky?

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Rich,

That's good info..thanks! Will any of those military Shakespeare antennas fit the marine mounts with a 1" x 14 thread bases? I have a couple of those on my U-1300 but have not found proper HF antennas to fit them.

I see from your signature that you are really into green radios. I am catching the bug and am looking at HF portables like PRC-74, PRC-174, maybe even RT-1209 or other later models. What do you use/recommend? Does this fit your thread ok?

Bob WB4ETT

Here is a link to a manufacturer named Shakespeare that has many differrent types of broad and narrow band antenas that are all millspec and mount on standard military platforms. I have come across some of these on our vehicles and recognize them. I use some that I have gotten surpluss on my vehicles. If you watch ebay, they show up from time to time but its rare. I highly reccomend them for anybody wishing to mount a military antenna on a military vehicle and use it for Amature use.

Shakespeare Military and Commercial Antenna Products

Can we make this a sticky?

Wile E. Coyote

Shakespeare's stuff is good - but pricey. The one usually used for HF to replace all the AB-21-24 and MS-116-118 copper whip antennas is the AT-1011, which Harris also offers under their own brand name. Sometimes complete AT-1011 sets show up on Epay but more often there's just individual elements, or the bag with no elements, or the various mounts used with the antenna. Been looking for a complete set for awhile. Last one on Epay went for something like $450, I think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks