• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sherwin Williams CARC 383 green Moisture Cure

Iansstud

I stopped into SW industrial coatings, I picked up a gal of carc 383 green and all they had was type III moisture cure.

Im going to be painting my f350 pickup (it's a beater truck) and have taken the top coat off with some 220grit.

I'm wondering if I need a primer? Or will shooting it over the base coat work?

Also the truck is a short box / reg cab. Will 1 gal be enough for 2-3 coats?

Thanks!

ryan77

If you ruff up that surface enough it will stick but ive also seen cars rust through the carc!! I would prime the whole thing if its a daily driver!!!

Ps its also a requirement to have a proper location bellow your avatar!!!

You will need a shaker type mixer, cause once opened it will start to cure. I would have some other stuff ready to paint, to use up any leftovers. This stuff will probably turn to snot-in a-can, after a few days. The type 2 did, after it was mixed.

ryan77

You will need a shaker type mixer, cause once opened it will start to cure. I would have some other stuff ready to paint, to use up any leftovers. This stuff will probably turn to snot-in a-can, after a few days. The type 2 did, after it was mixed.

Good call even new its in a clump on the bottom get a shaker and a drill mixer stuff is lock a rock!!!

Jersey4x4

It says right on the mil spec sheet you need to thin it and what to use. I use the SW CARC all the time and use Polane reducer and yes 1 gallon will be more then enough, just make sure it is very well scuffed first. Sand it 2 or 3 times and use a coarse scotch bright pad also a few time to be sure and no primer is needed if it is over a base coat. If bare metal, a Aliphatic urethane primer will be needed.

Have you guys ever done the carc III moisture cure? The SW guy said Not to thin it... This seams odd to me!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have experience with the CARC tan? I want to paint my M925A2 with a shelter all the same color. How much will be needed for that and Sherwin Williams part #'s would be good too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks