• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 air leak

goldmd

I’m a new M923 owner and I’m looking for a little help diagnosing an air leak. My truck seems to be running great, but air is leaking from what I think is a thermostatically controlled valve on the top of the engine. There are 2 air lines that run to this valve - I believe one is a supply line and it looks like the other runs to the fan clutch. Can some please help me identify this part so I can start looking for a replacement? I have attached a photo with the part in question circled. When the truck is running, air pours out of a small port in the front if this part. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know what that thing is but I have been reading the TM in preparation for the m923 I am picking up next week. Will see if I can find anything.

Igor Chudov is a member here, and has the Technical Manuals put out there for anyone who wants them.

Thanks Igor!

Here is a link to a search for m923 on his site.

The first five or so links that come up are relevant.

You are going to need them :smile:

Last edited:

goldmd

Thanks for the info. I've been through those manuals, but can't seem to find the part. I must be looking in the wrong place. Lots to learn with this one.

goldmd

OK, I think I found it. Looks like the fan actuator valve. Now I just need to locate one.

Barron

If you want to drive the truck you can block off the supply line, locate the 2 handy bolts with plastic washers under them screwed into the casting above the fan pulley, unscrew the bolts and bolt the fan to the pulley via 2 index marks on the fan clutch and pulley, and you have a direct drive fan to get you around. Neat huh? They thought of everything, except I haven't found the Toaster oven yet..

Moosemcnally

I know this is an old thread but for the newbies like me it may help. I just had this same problem. I took it all apart and cleaned it up and it works perfect again. No replacement was needed! It was just gunked up a little bit but the plastic seat wouldn't take much to stick open.

archmark

I gotta think that if nobody like NAPA carries it, then Cummins must. Guess I'll try taking it apart and cleaning it, AFTER I find a replacement source.

Thanks...

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks