• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 air leak

goldmd

I’m a new M923 owner and I’m looking for a little help diagnosing an air leak. My truck seems to be running great, but air is leaking from what I think is a thermostatically controlled valve on the top of the engine. There are 2 air lines that run to this valve - I believe one is a supply line and it looks like the other runs to the fan clutch. Can some please help me identify this part so I can start looking for a replacement? I have attached a photo with the part in question circled. When the truck is running, air pours out of a small port in the front if this part. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know what that thing is but I have been reading the TM in preparation for the m923 I am picking up next week. Will see if I can find anything.

Igor Chudov is a member here, and has the Technical Manuals put out there for anyone who wants them.

Thanks Igor!

Here is a link to a search for m923 on his site.

The first five or so links that come up are relevant.

You are going to need them :smile:

Last edited:

goldmd

Thanks for the info. I've been through those manuals, but can't seem to find the part. I must be looking in the wrong place. Lots to learn with this one.

goldmd

OK, I think I found it. Looks like the fan actuator valve. Now I just need to locate one.

Barron

If you want to drive the truck you can block off the supply line, locate the 2 handy bolts with plastic washers under them screwed into the casting above the fan pulley, unscrew the bolts and bolt the fan to the pulley via 2 index marks on the fan clutch and pulley, and you have a direct drive fan to get you around. Neat huh? They thought of everything, except I haven't found the Toaster oven yet..

Moosemcnally

I know this is an old thread but for the newbies like me it may help. I just had this same problem. I took it all apart and cleaned it up and it works perfect again. No replacement was needed! It was just gunked up a little bit but the plastic seat wouldn't take much to stick open.

archmark

I gotta think that if nobody like NAPA carries it, then Cummins must. Guess I'll try taking it apart and cleaning it, AFTER I find a replacement source.

Thanks...

Mark