• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43b1

zout

Had a bug that appeared after running the 43 for a while - would be hard to start from the fueling side after it was warm. Low speed idle was great but as soon as you started to throttle the flucuations in the carb would not compensate and start to studder. Plenty of fuel entering and could be seen in the in line fuel filter.

Got ahold once again with John up at Midwest Military and once again great customer service over the phone - NOS parts available on hand and ready to ship and I received them last night. Full carb rebuild kit that I do not have to screw around with retrofitting the accelerator plunger - all original parts to use.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Then you will like these smiles and thanks
1. Your Sonics is better than the Winder one-I don't remember ever getting flowers at our tables.

2. Hard to resist cheating for lunch today.

zout

While Squirtruck and the rest of the hovering bunch were advised they could play with the 43 - seems there is a vacuum leak of sorts in the inlet side of the fuel system - may thanks to my friends for letting me know. Been southerly cold down here last couple days I did not wish to be outside after work so I will wait till this weekend to further the tests.

M38A1 of Debs gauge package is all wired - parts ordered from Erick's for the remainder. After studying the TM's and printing off in an enlarged state - I think I kind of have it all in my head.

It amazes me how consistant the manuals are in wiring & numbering - the more you have the numbers in your head you know which way to head. Hopefully by this weekends finish - the wiring should be completed - but I have beer left over and will try to overcome temptation.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
While Squirtruck and the rest of the hovering bunch were advised they could play with the 43 - seems there is a vacuum leak of sorts in the inlet side of the fuel system - may thanks to my friends for letting me know. Been southerly cold down here last couple days I did not wish to be outside after work so I will wait till this weekend to further the tests.

M38A1 of Debs gauge package is all wired - parts ordered from Erick's for the remainder. After studying the TM's and printing off in an enlarged state - I think I kind of have it all in my head.

It amazes me how consistant the manuals are in wiring & numbering - the more you have the numbers in your head you know which way to head. Hopefully by this weekends finish - the wiring should be completed - but I have beer left over and will try to overcome temptation.
Ummm...I think you should drink the beer...it ain't gonna last 50-60 yrs like the MVs already have:beer:

zout

Did almost the entire day on the fuel issue of the 43 and a single bug in the system still seems to be rearing its ugly head.

May 12 here in Lilburn there is a car show and I am working towards running Zout2's jeep over there with her to show it with full ARRAY and the 43.

If I can get my neighbor who is really interested in MV's to drive the 109 over we plan to invade the show and make a GREAT representation for SS there and see if any of them folks can get outta the proposition of cars and into MV's and join the greatest web site on the plant ------------STEELSOLDIERS. Maybe get some folks to join us and get interested at the 2012 GEORGIA RALLY.

After all - how many Camero's or Mustangs can one person choke down in a day = now a 818 or GOAT is a whole nother tale.

Seems to be no more than a couple weeks away and plan on invading and now that I have a new camera - heck yeah I will post pics.

zout

Probably one of the few true friends came to the house the other day where I was able to finally help them out - dislike it when I am not on the "upside" of being able to help someone.

Anyhow - had to set up an awesome display of the 43 upon arrival to welcome them.
The paint on the 43 has really deterioated quite a bit because of the Ga sunlight and sitting out in the open - so a contact I have that deals with YearOne products - soaps - cleaners etc came by tonight to help me bring the ole baby back to pristine condition.

Ole Zout is now in the process of buffing the ENTIRE 43 with a UV protectant wax and will get it tarped over as I have no shop or overhang to place it under during non-running times.
His buffer and wax we tested worked to my liking as I am preparing the 43 and Debs 38A1 for a car show this weekend just to show them off. Looks like a couple nights of buffing will do the trick and bring back my smile of perfection of where I left it off at.

Will try to post some pics of the two pieces at the car show from this coming weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks