• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

85' M1009 build thread

Well, Ive had this for Approx over a year now and listed below are the recent specs and upgrades from stock...

85' Chevy K5 Blazer CUCV 72,xxxx

ORD 4"lift with Stock boneyard 52" in front and rear ( VERY FLEXY )

6.2L ( Original 24volt system intact and working correctly)
400turbo
203/205 Doubler ( 205- twined Stick with ORD hardware )
Custom 1350 Double cardan 8"Slip Driveshafts F/R Plus a complete Spare
ORD High Steer/Crossover w new HD rods
PS cooler w elect fan
F250 shocks f/r
Dual custom battery tray with new batteries
new exhaust
14bolt 456 with Dlocker
D60 456 with Elocker
3/8" Diff covers F/R
12,000lb winch
H1 Wheels Recentered /w rock rings, pvc inserts and a set of 37" BFG Baja TA plus a 5th spare
Custom front bumper
rock lights, fog lights, IR light, Working BO lights
Powered Front seats and console from late model Tahoe
Stereo/CD,iPod, MP3,CB,
AutoMeter gauges- Air Press, Oil pres, oil temp, water temp, trans temp, Tach ( Boost and Pyro to be installed )
Custom Switch Panel
Dash and door panels recently Dyed Black, and new door weather stripping
20% Window tint
Redneck ram hydro assist
ORD Steering brace /and frame kit
Solargizer
Doghead mod
Electric fuel Pump
Mighty Max Pioneer kit
60" Highlift
Unity Spotlight
Custom Rock Sliders - ( tubes by Shankem -Deep )
Dual 350cc Viair Onboard Air system, custom installed with Larger air tank and outlets at front bumper, each rear wheel well and in rear by tailgate.

TO DO LIST
Turbo ( 6.5L already have 99% of parts )

700r4 swap CORRECTION.... Doing 4L80 instead.... Ask me why.....

TC cross member redesign

Rear bumper build ( to match front and Sliders )

Rear Disc Conversion

sliding tray for equipment in rear

extensive body work than new CARC

A/C

Rollcage

Attachments

Last edited:
I got the wheels and tires from a member at Tennessee offroad forum, then went and got recenters, rings, PVC inserts, O rings, and valve extensions from Trail Fabworthy. Spent a better part of a Saturday, cutting and fabbing these HEAVY things up..

bshupe

Would you mind elaborating on the switch panel? There are a lot there and Im curious to know what they all go to and how you they're wired up.

Also, your batt/gen gauge looks just like mine.... flat to the left. Do you have plans for replacement or....?

Thanks!

Would you mind elaborating on the switch panel? There are a lot there and Im curious to know what they all go to and how you they're wired up.

Also, your batt/gen gauge looks just like mine.... flat to the left. Do you have plans for replacement or....?

Thanks!

From Right to left
remote for Winch ( dont have to dig out cabled remote)

Elocker for front D60,

For Onboard Air, ( to be installed)

front Rock lights, ( mounted under radiator facing towards rear- helps when offroading at night and seeing underneath.)

rear rocklights ( mounted infront of fuel tank facing forward)

Electric fan on Powersteering cooler

Spare ( to be used as a power remote for a CB linear soon )

All are wired to seperate fuse panel with a main fused link going to Batt 1 ( front )

The voltmeter has always done that, and just recently had to repair/replace the 24v resistor on back of gauge to get it working again. when power is off, it always goes to the 7-8 oclock position.

MtnTamr

Nice job. Did you fab that front bumper? I'd like to incorporate the factory brush guard into a winch mount. hoping to find somebody thats already done it.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is sweet, great build an very nicely done on the new added items. They look like they all have been in the truck from the beginning.

:mrgreen:

That is sweet, great build an very nicely done on the new added items. They look like they all have been in the truck from the beginning.

:mrgreen:

thanks.... thats the goal to keep everything as Military looking, and trail worthy as possible........ there"s more to come....:driver:

Installing Hydro Assist... to improve steering- (keep breaking Steering gearboxes off frame.(4)..) new parts on order...:jumpin:

Installing onboard air..

Fab up rear bumper to match front, and Silders/ step rails...

roll cage...

A/C...

and more lighting....

Looking for someone locally to re fab my Police 6" spotlight i have mounted on pilar, to accept 7" light. ( had picked up a couple of Bad a$$ bulbs from popacom here and they are 7" ) Can you imagine a 28v 450watt spotlight... lol[thumbzup]

Nice rig! Did you trim the front fenders?

yes... had to once 37" went on... I still need to go back and trim firewall a bit... it still hits when tires are turned and pushed up...

Once all my major plans have been installed... Im going to go back and weld an inner lip like factory fenders and finish fixing /replace Dents, rust holes, etc and have it repainted hopefully in the fall or this time next year...

Last edited:

ssdvc

I like what you have done. I really like the fold down police spotlight and want to add one to my truck. Do you have any interior/exterior close-up pics of the install? What model light is it? Does it interfere a lot with forward visibility ?

Thanks.

I like what you have done. I really like the fold down police spotlight and want to add one to my truck. Do you have any interior/exterior close-up pics of the install? What model light is it? Does it interfere a lot with forward visibility ?

Thanks.

i dont have any close up pics of the light... but can take and post some....i picked this up from a junkyard..( im notorious for salvaging cool parts from junkyards...lol) . it was orginially on a scraped ford tow truck... i do know the brand name UNITY, but have no clue what model number was.. as i scuffed up the original chrome finish to paint it flat black.... as far as visibilty... i dont even notice it while driving... day or night...

vinny-socom1

hows the elocker working...any issues?? heard some bad things about arb air lockers, was thinking of running a Detroit in the frt like the idea of the elocker

truck looks good!!!
Vinny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks