• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Radiator recommendation

SSG ALBANESE

Well October has completely sucked for my fleet, blown tranny in the Duramax $6,000, oil leak on the rocker arm cover for the M1008 $50+3days of nonusable, shifting issue M1008, M35A2 axle seal, borrowing girlfiends car was the worst part lol.

Now I absolutely need to get another radiator for my M1008. I have been patching it with JB weld, although it has been working I am fed up with dumb repairs.

I ordered two used radiators already from Boyce, the first one came with plenty of cracks from shipping. For free they sent a second one and there are 3 major dents in important places which if installed I am sure will leak, you have to see it and you would agree. Not ordering another one from there.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for me? Anyone in California with an extra they would like to sell me?

Last edited by a moderator:

SSG ALBANESE

I suppose I jumped the gun with my post.

Just paid 390$ total for a NEW radiator online from Auto Parts Warehouse. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=0&Nr=AND(wpn_tl_name:Engine+%26+Drivetrain,wpn_cat_name:Radiators%5C%2C+Fans%5C%2C+Cooling+Systems+%26+Components,wpn_scat_name:Radiators)

Much better than 250$ for two bad ones or the quote from the local shop for 500$.

Part #: SPICU850
Spectra Radiator Radiator K30|Custom
Spectra
Qty:
Price:
$ 370.89

Sub Total:
$370.89Shipping:
$0.00Handling:
$0.00Tax:
$26.89Core:
$0.00Discount: -
$0.00Total:
$397.78

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suppose I jumped the gun with my post.

Just paid 390$ total for a NEW radiator online from Auto Parts Warehouse.

Much better than 250$ for two bad ones or the quote from the local shop for 500$.

Post the part number and web address. Always good to have additional info.

I am also changing your title to make it easier to search for.

TBob

Warthog posted where I got mine from...all aluminum, 3 core, for $178 shipped, using a $25 off coupon. Code is in the original post. I've seen this radiator for $450 elsewhere

dc9137

Interesting...so based on that it seems like almost a no brainer to go with aluminum. Granted they aren't as easily repaired but given they're significantly less expensive you could replace one and still be even compared to a copper. Is that a fair assessment?

Lacrosse

Hi my name is Jim. I noticed in your post that you bought an Aluminum radiator for $178 plus shipping. I am looking for a new radiator for my 1986 CUCV 1008. where did you purchase it and do you remember the Item #. Have you had any problems with it since putting it in. I have seen others for much higher priced. Hopefully yours is doing well.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks