• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Radiator recommendation

SSG ALBANESE

Well October has completely sucked for my fleet, blown tranny in the Duramax $6,000, oil leak on the rocker arm cover for the M1008 $50+3days of nonusable, shifting issue M1008, M35A2 axle seal, borrowing girlfiends car was the worst part lol.

Now I absolutely need to get another radiator for my M1008. I have been patching it with JB weld, although it has been working I am fed up with dumb repairs.

I ordered two used radiators already from Boyce, the first one came with plenty of cracks from shipping. For free they sent a second one and there are 3 major dents in important places which if installed I am sure will leak, you have to see it and you would agree. Not ordering another one from there.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for me? Anyone in California with an extra they would like to sell me?

Last edited by a moderator:

SSG ALBANESE

I suppose I jumped the gun with my post.

Just paid 390$ total for a NEW radiator online from Auto Parts Warehouse. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=0&Nr=AND(wpn_tl_name:Engine+%26+Drivetrain,wpn_cat_name:Radiators%5C%2C+Fans%5C%2C+Cooling+Systems+%26+Components,wpn_scat_name:Radiators)

Much better than 250$ for two bad ones or the quote from the local shop for 500$.

Part #: SPICU850
Spectra Radiator Radiator K30|Custom
Spectra
Qty:
Price:
$ 370.89

Sub Total:
$370.89Shipping:
$0.00Handling:
$0.00Tax:
$26.89Core:
$0.00Discount: -
$0.00Total:
$397.78

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suppose I jumped the gun with my post.

Just paid 390$ total for a NEW radiator online from Auto Parts Warehouse.

Much better than 250$ for two bad ones or the quote from the local shop for 500$.

Post the part number and web address. Always good to have additional info.

I am also changing your title to make it easier to search for.

TBob

Warthog posted where I got mine from...all aluminum, 3 core, for $178 shipped, using a $25 off coupon. Code is in the original post. I've seen this radiator for $450 elsewhere

dc9137

Interesting...so based on that it seems like almost a no brainer to go with aluminum. Granted they aren't as easily repaired but given they're significantly less expensive you could replace one and still be even compared to a copper. Is that a fair assessment?

Lacrosse

Hi my name is Jim. I noticed in your post that you bought an Aluminum radiator for $178 plus shipping. I am looking for a new radiator for my 1986 CUCV 1008. where did you purchase it and do you remember the Item #. Have you had any problems with it since putting it in. I have seen others for much higher priced. Hopefully yours is doing well.

Thanks