• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dstang97's M35a2c build thread

dstang97

Picked up my Deuce two months ago. I got it off GSA and was a retired Brush Truck. This thing is in great condition, only rust is on the 2 fenders. Which I can always replace if I want to. I was lucky enough and had 2 springer seats. So I made a Center Console. First thing I did was rehab the battery box. There is another thread on that. I then wanted a new bed. The correct drop side one. I found one in the classifieds, but it was in Virginia far away from ct. But if any of you know me I'm nuts and If I want it bad enough I will get it. I needed some new tires because mine were old NDT's. I really do not like ndt's and mine were bald. So I found some MRAP's Then found someone selling them and were planning on making a trip to Maryland. This worked out perfect I could kill 2 birds with one stone.

I drove down in my dodge and 20' equipment trailer and picked up 6 Mraps and a deuce bed. As soon as I got into NJ I was smelling coolant. I thought to myself Sh@% I thought I fixed that the day before. I was too far in this trip to just turn around. I really wanted this stuff and was willing to chance the truck. Looking back I would never do that again. It made it there and only need to make it back and I would be happy. I had to pull over and add water every 30 minutes. This was not fun. It was hard to even find water. This was the weekend right before the storm so I had to beg people for water. Made it home only to find out the Head gasket was blown and pushing out the side of the block.

My buddy runs a scrap yard so I drove the bed down there and the deuce. We used the magnet to lift the old bed off and put the Pristine one one. I also had about 5 guys helping so this worked out mint. He also moved the rims and tires to the truck. So I could dump them at my house.

Next I need to mount the spacers. I really did not want to spend any more money. I did the math and the cheapest adapter I could find was 150 still more than I wanted to spend. Peashooter PMed me and said he wanted to try out a new way of making adapters. We agreed to try it out. I'm pretty sure mine were the proto-types. They are mostly laser cut and very little machine work. I got these in last week, opened them up and was very surprised the quality was perfect. I bolted them on and everything was perfect zero snags.

Anyways I know you guys love pictures....

Attachments

peashooter

Looks Good Dan! I like the center console. The magnetic loader was a good idea for moving the bed as quickly as it probably did. Probably a handy friend to have when working on the truck:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks