• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dstang97's M35a2c build thread

dstang97

Picked up my Deuce two months ago. I got it off GSA and was a retired Brush Truck. This thing is in great condition, only rust is on the 2 fenders. Which I can always replace if I want to. I was lucky enough and had 2 springer seats. So I made a Center Console. First thing I did was rehab the battery box. There is another thread on that. I then wanted a new bed. The correct drop side one. I found one in the classifieds, but it was in Virginia far away from ct. But if any of you know me I'm nuts and If I want it bad enough I will get it. I needed some new tires because mine were old NDT's. I really do not like ndt's and mine were bald. So I found some MRAP's Then found someone selling them and were planning on making a trip to Maryland. This worked out perfect I could kill 2 birds with one stone.

I drove down in my dodge and 20' equipment trailer and picked up 6 Mraps and a deuce bed. As soon as I got into NJ I was smelling coolant. I thought to myself Sh@% I thought I fixed that the day before. I was too far in this trip to just turn around. I really wanted this stuff and was willing to chance the truck. Looking back I would never do that again. It made it there and only need to make it back and I would be happy. I had to pull over and add water every 30 minutes. This was not fun. It was hard to even find water. This was the weekend right before the storm so I had to beg people for water. Made it home only to find out the Head gasket was blown and pushing out the side of the block.

My buddy runs a scrap yard so I drove the bed down there and the deuce. We used the magnet to lift the old bed off and put the Pristine one one. I also had about 5 guys helping so this worked out mint. He also moved the rims and tires to the truck. So I could dump them at my house.

Next I need to mount the spacers. I really did not want to spend any more money. I did the math and the cheapest adapter I could find was 150 still more than I wanted to spend. Peashooter PMed me and said he wanted to try out a new way of making adapters. We agreed to try it out. I'm pretty sure mine were the proto-types. They are mostly laser cut and very little machine work. I got these in last week, opened them up and was very surprised the quality was perfect. I bolted them on and everything was perfect zero snags.

Anyways I know you guys love pictures....

Attachments

peashooter

Looks Good Dan! I like the center console. The magnetic loader was a good idea for moving the bed as quickly as it probably did. Probably a handy friend to have when working on the truck:)