• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H1 (not hmmwv) now seats 12 people. Mix match of parts

MASIC

Just thought of loading my project and some various photos. I have started this with friends in September 2012. We have decided to build our own unforgettable mechanical service truck.

We will keep adding photos as we progress.

Before I get the "why did you do that?" My answer is because I can, I did and I wanted to!

Lots of work to be done still but I think that it's coming along rather nicely considering the parts being used. All of the aluminum cladding is actually being done by hand. We have a press brake for the heavier gauge material but the by hand work can't be beat lol

MASIC

It is an ambulance body that was modded to use 4 doors. It has a ton of room in back for 2 70l x20w x 30"t tool boxes (one per side) some cargo and there us go! My mechanical service truck lol. If I was after a "military correct" mechanical truck I would get one. This is just a larger unique version of a h1 wagon on steroids.

nattieleather

That looks great! Give it a solid paint job in the color of your choice and you'll be good to go. Looks like a fun and practial (for your needs) project. Good luck with it.

MASIC

I have to figure out how to post larger pics lol. **** IPad or Ipos! I'm going to paint it 383 green out and white in. It has actually been fun and I've always wanted to tear down a hummer. It felt good ripping all of the factory crap out of it. The 2 heaters that I have installed will provide roughly 60,000btu's of heat and if I need more I can kick in the diesel fired heater which itself kicks in roughly 25000btu's. I hate how cold it is up here in Canada!!!!!!!

if there is a pic that your interested in I can forward you one via email for now. The photos were all taken using my iPhone. Up here in Canada, anything military gets stared at so were hoping to capitalize on this little fact. If the vehicle is unforgettable, the company might be unforgettable as well. The market these days are all about who you know. I plan to be known.

Last edited:

MASIC

All my codes and HTML are turned off from what it says. Don't know why I can't load larger photos, steelsoldiers doesn't allow it anymore. Any advice?

Danger Ranger

Use a real camera, or anything else not Mac...
I don't know anything about I-products and how they work with the web, otherwise i might have something more useful for you.

MASIC

Almost finished the spare tire, jerry can and fire extinguisher rack. completed the HVAC to the floor. I still have to install the insulated hose from the HVAC connection to the front passenger foot well vent and more paneling inside. It should be going to paint next week. Just the exterior at this point

AIMG_2962.jpgAIMG_2963.jpgAIMG_2964.jpgAIMG_2968.jpgAIMG_2969.jpgAIMG_2974.jpgAIMG_2966.jpgAIMG_2970.jpg

Attachments

MASIC

Almost all together

HMMWV H1-1.jpgHMMWV H1-2.jpgHMMWV H1-3.jpgHMMWV H1-4.jpgHMMWV H1-5.jpgHMMWV H1-6.jpgHMMWV H1-7.jpgHMMWV H1-8.jpgHMMWV H1-9.jpgHMMWV H1-10.jpg I still have to bed line the foot wells, install heated seats, install seat belts, install tool boxes, install speakers, install exterior lighting and switches @ the overhead console, stencils, pioneer rack on the hood, larger bush guard, ration heater (24 volt), spare tire, 3 jerry cans, high lift jack, larger tires. Cummins conversion, rear winch, webasto and marine batt charger, heated windshields, ham and business radio, gps........ I'm getting tired typing lol! will post as I progress

Danger Ranger

Wow, it looks great. I thought you were really getting close to finished....then I read the type...you are a long ways off. Good luck and keep it up. We always want to know more.

MASIC

It was a ton of work actually but not bad as well! It would have come together quicker if I didn't have to wait for shipping of the parts required to assemble this H1. The top is not a common one being that it has 4 doors and no partition wall. I really like the open space inside. All in all I am pretty happy with the build.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks