• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H1 (not hmmwv) now seats 12 people. Mix match of parts

nattieleather

I'm just wondering how much weight you added to the truck with all the extras besides the top? I think it looks great I'm just wondering if the extra weight is going to slow it down and kill the mpgs?

MASIC

I will post the results as time goes.All of the additions made to this truck has been out of aluminum where it was possible roughly 95%. I'm curious as well. I have the purchased parts already for a Cummins conversion but I think that t would be advantageous to provide data as the truck sits with the non turbo for those who were thinking about adding a top like this to theirs then post results after the engine swap which I don't plan to do until spring when it warms up.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW that is very nice, good work! Great job, that looks better than factory built! [thumbzup]

MASIC

While that thing is awesome, I am personally not a fan of the hood scoop. Awesome job though, it looks great.[/QUOTE

The hood scoop was added due to the heavy snow that we get up here. I've experienced a frozen cooling stack 4 times and the 4th time I had to replace the radiator. The scoop has kept this from happening since and I have used it to keep the engine warm by stuffing a pair of coveralls inside. I don't like the look as well but with a heavy brush bar and a hood mounted pioneer kit should reduce the eye sore lol

WARWAG

The scoop was designed by a friend of mine. Or at least a design like it. The scoop really helps keep the vehicle engine cool during summer runs in the desert. While im not a fan of how they look (scoops) they do perform better than without them. Now I see it performs better in the cold as well. Thanks.

DoctorCheney223

Was that H1 originally one of the Rebel Adventure Tours vehicles? I noticed the yellow paint and I was able to purchase the last four them myself.

V/R
Ron M Cheney

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks