• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M934 van on a bolster

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So I finally got around to getting it all in order today. It is not bolted down yet but it is set so that 2 of the mounting brackets align over the bolster cross braces on each side. Going to use 5/8 or 3/4 plate to secure it under the cross member. There was enough room to leave the rear under toolbox but better get ride of the lil connector box on the bottom. Going to figure a way to fab a mount to the rear of the skid for the rear cross member. Ladder sits just fine on the ground as well. I know she is going to have some tounge weight but after trying to put it in several spots we opted out for a full tounge out setting. Yea the wheel wells look a little goofy. The tires may not be too happy.

Attachments

Last edited:

infidel got me

You have plenty of room underneath- maybe hang a toolbox in front of front tire or some storage boxes out of expandable metal. I like the way it came out, good job.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I wonder how hard it would be to move the axles forward more so they line up with the wheel wells on the M820 box?
I am actually thinking about adding another axle to it in front. I could move the box back and just weld new brackets but i worry about rear swing as heavy as it is and top heavy i want it all on the trailer. The bolster is rated at 4 tons. The box is around 9300 empty. I may also lookbat a way to dual the tires. I know the wheel wells look kinda stupid.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That's a great idea and well executed! :beer:
Thanks man. Im eyeballing your 932 down there. Let me kno what you gotta get for it as is. Im making a trip to albany, ga next week then to Hattiesburg on the way back if you need anything along the way picked up

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Mounting with 5/8 plate. 1ft sections. Top and bottom as pictured on front and middle. Plus i will bolt the plates together on each end. 4 bolts per mount

The rear of the skid i will use two 3ft sections of 5/8 and u bolt thru the skid hole and top plate and thru the bottom plate. Luckily the cross member also has a vertical reinforcement just to the outside of the skid. Then i will also bolt the plates together in other places

Attachments

Last edited:

goldneagle

I am actually thinking about adding another axle to it in front. I could move the box back and just weld new brackets but i worry about rear swing as heavy as it is and top heavy i want it all on the trailer. The bolster is rated at 4 tons. The box is around 9300 empty. I may also lookbat a way to dual the tires. I know the wheel wells look kinda stupid.

Ye I would add another axle to make sure the trailer can handle the weight. Liability wise it would not look good on you if it failed due to overweight. As far as the old wheel wells, you can always fill them in so they don't stand out. A little paint over the path and it will blend right in.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 8000lb straight axle with the same 6 bolt lug pattern off a shelter dolly $100 45 min from Jeff in hattiesburg
Also has the same air over hydraulic brake set up

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Can you post a pic of it jaun. Might could do it.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a pic of it jaun. Might could do it.

draw bar is for the front axle. Rims and tires needed for something else. Also has mechanical parking brake. Located at GoldnEagle's place in Slidell

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What ever happened to the rule about NOT posting a link to pictures BUT post the pictures on SITE.

goldneagle

What ever happened to the rule about NOT posting a link to pictures BUT post the pictures on SITE.
I'm with you on this one. It's a real pain to have to click on each link just to see the picture. Then I have to close the tab and remember what was the last link I clicked on -so I don't open the same picture again.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I uploaded them from my computer. When I use Tapatalk and try to use the attachment feature it gets about half way thru and freezes. So the link was the only way to do it from my phone.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Took it out today for a little drive. It pulled well. I wasn't in a big hurry with it but it trailed well and my truck on takeoff pulled it better than it did the M322 trailer. turning was easy. It does not hit the truck on a full turn or when backing sharply. I am sure the little doghouse would hit if I had a cargo cover. The brakes stopped it very well. Tires held up pretty good too once I got em up to good pressure. I only have the front mounted down with bolts so far work on the rest of it tomorrow. Had to get it moved to a covered area to work on it. The rear and middle were still binded down. Also going to try to get my new jack welded. Dang rain everyday off an on is annoying. My 923 didn't squat at all this time around. I did slide the box back a few inches to make it a different bolt down alignment. It will look very good with a new coat of paint on it.

Plain 383 or camo?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks