• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My tuggers are finally home

Lonesome715

I did not really know which forum this should go in.

These are the aircraft tuggers we bought quite a while back. They are finally home and now non running. They both turn over though so I guess that is a good start at least. The Dodge is a donor. I plan to use the engine for the Cummins swap in my wife’s F250. The Chevy is going to be a play truck that my son will learn to wrench on. What do you all think?

Attachments

Lonesome715

I beleive those are ZF axles. They have full hydro and four wheel steer. I do plan to biuld the Chevy for off road use. That will by my son's truck. He is three now so I figured it is about time to get him his own project. Of course I will help though.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hey lonesome...hope to see your better half at the museum tomorrow. may even have another vehicle you may be interested in..an M37

powerhouseduece

rofl i think it was time for him to get him a project. it will teach him very early. i never knew that zf made axles..... i have a zf trans. i want a truck just like that but can never find one

Lonesome715

You are never too young to pick up a wrench.

Man an M37 would be awsome. But don't tell Melissa or she will try and get it for me. She has no problem helping me fill up the yard. When these trucks came in she was very sick. Yet she still helped with getting them unloaded and crawled around underneaith them to get me the photographs. I think I will keep her.

Lonesome715

I want to try and get these running enough for now so my wife can drive them. My son is already begging to go for a ride in that Chevy. Plus, they have to be modile so she can move them around the yard.

superburban

I have had my eye on those dodge tugs for a while now, but I have never bid very high on one, because I have no real firsthand knowlege about them. What is the top speed on one of those?

Lonesome715

I have been to that web site and others similar in search of running gear for another build I have planned.

The Dodge has a D70 or 80 in it. But that Chevy has what I think to be ZF brand axles. If not, there are a few other companies that produce simialr running gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks