• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My tuggers are finally home

FreightTrain

Banned
Atleast I know who outbid me now......Sell me the engine.....You don't wanna do the swap....How much did you get the Derge for(PM if you don't want it in an open forum and don't mind telling)

Lonesome715

Which forum would I post the Chevy in? I have a lot of questions but it does not seem to fit anywhere. It is not a CUCV so I am a little loast as to where I should post.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That Chevy would be good for the Baltimore Washington Parkway, how do you say get out of my way.

Nice project I have had my children working with me since they could walk the thing that I have noticed though it that it seems that they forget a lot of what I taught them. Read this that dad still has to fix the stuff when he gets home from every deployment. But then they did not have my Dad or Grandfather to teach them or a farm to grow up on.

Lonesome715

That is why I hope to make up for all this lost time my wrenching on these trucks with my son. He already "fixes" things around the house for his mommy.

1956_4x4

A word to the wise on the Chevy...Before you pull any plugs on the axles, be sure to slowly let off any pressure. The brakes are a wet system and that fluid stinks like nothing else. One of my guys was in a hurry and ended up being covered with it. It's one of those things that just has to wear off, because soap just won't do it justice.

Smitty

Lonesome715

1956_4x4 said:
A word to the wise on the Chevy...Before you pull any plugs on the axles, be sure to slowly let off any pressure. The brakes are a wet system and that fluid stinks like nothing else. One of my guys was in a hurry and ended up being covered with it. It's one of those things that just has to wear off, because soap just won't do it justice.

Smitty
Thanks for the tip. Everything on that truck is new to me.

fstfrdy

those axles are nasty i have a buddy who used the ose axle out of a c-130 transport tug for a purpose built rock buggy. the axles look just like those. he runs them with a dodge v-10 and 49" tall tires and it still only goes thirty miles an hour

Lonesome715

fstfrdy said:
those axles are nasty i have a buddy who used the ose axle out of a c-130 transport tug for a purpose built rock buggy. the axles look just like those. he runs them with a dodge v-10 and 49" tall tires and it still only goes thirty miles an hour

I bet there is not much that stops it though. I plan to run some big directionals my self.

Lonesome715

Those are some big axles. I cannot tell if they are the same as mine or not, but still very cool. Do you know how much he paid for them? I plan to biuld my rig for the same purpose, just with out the tube chassis. I may even swap over a Blazer body.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks