• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Deuce and the dragstrip

Kaiserjeeps

Saturday was truck only day at Woodburn dragstrip 1.5 hours south of me. I have attended for several years and last year I said I wanted to bring the duece to generate a laugh. It does not get much slower. I was able to get 6 passes down track. Very consistant numbers which enabled me to win the bracket races at the end of the day with the log trucks. I was still winning when I parted and headed home. It was more fun than I thought it would be. The tower folks talked to me in the tower about how to win at brackets. They loved the truck. I am definately going back next year. With a turned up LDS inside. The fastest time I spotted was 137 MPH.

1st pass

Reaction Time .888 Hey don't laugh!
1/4 mile 28.74
MPH 45.42
10:16 AM
cool coats needed overcast outside 60's

2nd pass
RT ..487
1/4 mile 28.511
MPH 45.78
11:18 AM
cool overcast thinning cloud layer 60's

3rd pass
RT .483
1/4 mile 28.27
MPH 45.84
12:21 PM
Sunbreaks 70's

4th pass
RT .262
1/4 mile 28.30
MPH 46.08
1:22PM
sunny clear getting hot hight 70's

5th pass Winning bracket race
RT .139
1/4 mile 28.60
MPH 45.89
3:10 PM
Sunny hot 80's

6th pass Winning bracket race
RT .281
1/4 mile 28.459
MPH 46.16
3:52 PM
dang hot bought a tank top

I saw some yellow band on the pyro. I never backed off.
I would have gone back for more but I had a date.

I am having troubles posting the videos. I was up till past 2 AM trying to get them loaded. They are huge. I will try one at a time.

Attachments

Kaiserjeeps

Don't bring up burnouts, Al will spew on about how thats mis-use of a truck!

Jeez Gimp, You would have to bring that up!!! Hey I thought about it. :grin:
I forget who that was but if I didn't say sorry, I'll say it now. Sorry and that really was pretty cool after I woke up a little. I wish I was someone who could say I had no regrets in life. Bad posts happen. No hard feelings I hope.

Cheers!

tm america

This is awsome ... I have been telling my boss i am gonna go to the track and put him on the trailer.he has a 9 sec buick. Guess i need to get my reaction time down..and.....
i want to take mine to see what it would run .i would like to know who has the fastest multi powered deuce? i am pushing 27 psi of boost ...wonder if i could get into the mid 26s?
thanks for posting this..good job

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks