• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Deuce and the dragstrip

Kaiserjeeps

Saturday was truck only day at Woodburn dragstrip 1.5 hours south of me. I have attended for several years and last year I said I wanted to bring the duece to generate a laugh. It does not get much slower. I was able to get 6 passes down track. Very consistant numbers which enabled me to win the bracket races at the end of the day with the log trucks. I was still winning when I parted and headed home. It was more fun than I thought it would be. The tower folks talked to me in the tower about how to win at brackets. They loved the truck. I am definately going back next year. With a turned up LDS inside. The fastest time I spotted was 137 MPH.

1st pass

Reaction Time .888 Hey don't laugh!
1/4 mile 28.74
MPH 45.42
10:16 AM
cool coats needed overcast outside 60's

2nd pass
RT ..487
1/4 mile 28.511
MPH 45.78
11:18 AM
cool overcast thinning cloud layer 60's

3rd pass
RT .483
1/4 mile 28.27
MPH 45.84
12:21 PM
Sunbreaks 70's

4th pass
RT .262
1/4 mile 28.30
MPH 46.08
1:22PM
sunny clear getting hot hight 70's

5th pass Winning bracket race
RT .139
1/4 mile 28.60
MPH 45.89
3:10 PM
Sunny hot 80's

6th pass Winning bracket race
RT .281
1/4 mile 28.459
MPH 46.16
3:52 PM
dang hot bought a tank top

I saw some yellow band on the pyro. I never backed off.
I would have gone back for more but I had a date.

I am having troubles posting the videos. I was up till past 2 AM trying to get them loaded. They are huge. I will try one at a time.

Attachments

Kaiserjeeps

Don't bring up burnouts, Al will spew on about how thats mis-use of a truck!

Jeez Gimp, You would have to bring that up!!! Hey I thought about it. :grin:
I forget who that was but if I didn't say sorry, I'll say it now. Sorry and that really was pretty cool after I woke up a little. I wish I was someone who could say I had no regrets in life. Bad posts happen. No hard feelings I hope.

Cheers!

tm america

This is awsome ... I have been telling my boss i am gonna go to the track and put him on the trailer.he has a 9 sec buick. Guess i need to get my reaction time down..and.....
i want to take mine to see what it would run .i would like to know who has the fastest multi powered deuce? i am pushing 27 psi of boost ...wonder if i could get into the mid 26s?
thanks for posting this..good job