• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Largest tire size for cucv m1008 stock vehicle

Starlight

Hello all. I'm sure it's in the archives somewhere or I'm not searching right but...Can someone tell me the best tire they've put on the m1008 pickup without lifting. Like to put the largest possible without problems. Thanks,Capt.T Also any pics would be great.

M1075

With or without fender trim? The fender style is very blocky and you can get a large tire in there if you round the corners some. I'm planning to put 37" HMMWV radials on mine soon. I may go with the 1" zero rate block in the front as well.

Starlight

Wow, thanks for the quick response. In short you guys are telling me I can put the 36's on this 1008 stock without a lift and no rubbing? That's a great look ! Thanks to all, Capt. T

M1075

Starlight said:
Wow, thanks for the quick response. In short you guys are telling me I can put the 36's on this 1008 stock without a lift and no rubbing? That's a great look ! Thanks to all, Capt. T
Nobody said that. I have tried to say/show that you CAN run 36's without a lift if you trim some fender. Otherwise, I would expect some (a lot) of rubbing.

Starlight

O.K. thanks. Didn't figure I'd get off that easy... Was just looking at the 36's on Ebay and trying to make a decision. What size is on the 1008 pic. second fromt the top with the nice paint job ? Thanks again,T

DMgunn

GM and their vertical-cut fenderwells............... remember the other important factor common to all the pictured trucks - narrow or stock wheels. Anything wider than stock or with less bs gives up precious clearance real fast.

Sam27

I have 35" tires on my CUCV. They are the 10" wide radial swampers, and they took fender trimming to fit. I haven't beaten them up off road yet, so it's possible the front might rub. I'd have serious doubts about going any larger without a lift.

Attachments

ultim8gamr

CCATLETT1984 said:
36" tires will fit fine as long as they are narrow like the humvee tires, the wider offroad tires will have rubbing issues without a lift.
does anyone have the dimensions for Humvee tires? im assuming 12.5 wide tires are just a little wider than most stockers :mrgreen:

AJMBLAZER

36x12.5-16.5 for the bias ply Wrangler RT/II's and 37x12.5R16.5 for the radial Wrangler MT's. For all intents and purposes though they're the same size. Ones a bit tall, the other is a little small.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks