• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Largest tire size for cucv m1008 stock vehicle

AK_M1028

After reading this thread, I decided to go with 285/75R16 Firestone Destination M/T tires. I was really please with this size and tire selection. The taller tire reduced my engine RPM's at highway speeds and the M/T tread isn't too loud. The tire cleared mud well and kept the truck going on a muddy trail ride last week.

The first trail ride out I was listening for the tires hitting the fender, but didn't have any problems. I did some "test fitting" in the front yard and took pictures. I would have to say 285/75R16 is the largest I would go without a lift no trimming if you actually plan on using offroad. The closeup picture looks as if the tire is hitting, but it actually wasn't.

Attachments

mx599

i have the 36" hummer tires on stock rims and works great
I know this is old, but maybe someone can answer this.

isn't stock rim 16" ? aren't ALL hummer tires that I see on the military tire sites for 16.5" rims? Am I missing something?

also, someone mentioned you might be able to squeeze a narrow 36" tire with no trim and no lift and little to no fender rub?? if this might be possible, what is considered to be narrow? Hummer? civilian goodyear or cooper options? at 36 size, they never seem very narrow

so, do I need to buy 16.5" rims to be able to do the above options?