• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1 1/2 Ton 4X4 Ambulance VF-407

Wolfen

I am looking for information on the VF-407 1 1/2 Ton 4x4 Ambulance. I've done a Google search and have only found one Picture. The Book I have Dodge WW2 Military Portfolio 1940 - 1945 has the same Picture. I was thinking of building a Replica out of a TF/VF/WF Panel Truck Body. But I would need to find a Body to use. Does anyone know of one? It has to be the 143" 1 1/2 Ton Panel Truck Body.

Gordon_M

I had a pic in the back of it taken at the same sort of time, but it went west in a PC crash and never found it again. Inside was very ambulance-like, only real points it showed were the WC54 type fold down rear step, because the back of it was a heck of a height off the ground.

Take a standard VF military chassis cab, and drop on most of a WF 1.5 ton panel body and you will be about there. Note that unless you can find a VF or TF panel body ( not likely ) you'll have to section the body at the roof joint and fit the front of a VF cab to get the full waterfall dash, but that'll get rid of the cowl light holes too.

Later .....

Eric Bannerman just pointed out that the cab / cowl and front metal is 1939/40 military VF, but the doors and rear shell are 1938 pattern - presumably from the moulding down the sides

Last edited: