• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

101a3 tires

bugs

ok let me try it this way, ... does anyone have a 101a3 trailer on this forum? do you have hummvee tires on it? do you have balancing weights on the rims??? thanks :???:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
None of mine have had them, 3.
You have double posted and need to delete you other thread.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an M101A3. It had HMMWV rolling stock but the tires were recently liquidated. There were no weights on the rims. Also, we are not the grammar police but the rules do say to do your best to capitalization and punctuation. Example, the first word in each sentence should be capitalized. If you could give it an honest effort, the site as a whole would appreciate it.

3dAngus

All these wheels are subject to some heavy duty abuse, all for good and valid reasons.
I don't recall seeing any weights on any of my HMMWV tires in the past, but I do on the m101a2 tires.
You can, and probably should balance any tire you plan on taking on the road at speeds of 70mph or greater.
I purchased a cheap bubble balancer to balance out my trailer tires. It is unbelievable how far off some have been.
A bubble balancer is not perfect but is better then nothing and can be had for a C note.
It will improve the life of your tires, wheel bearings, and smooth out a ride of a trailer. A high speed commercial balancer is better, but not nearly as convenient as doing it at home.
I have not tried it on a HMMwV tire yet, but will next time I get one.
Northern Tool has an inexpensive bubble balancer. I bought mine from GL as government surplus and it is a bit better then the one on Northern Tool.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks