• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

165 miles, towing a cucv, and 97 degrees....what a day!

DeuceNewb

Just recently got back to my apartment at the beach for summer class from my parents house. 165 mile trip door to door. My parents neighbors are happy to see the deuce gone. I pulled out at 3:00, hottest part of the day. Thermometer said it was 96 degrees in chapel hill right as i walked out to the truck. Hit the highway towing the 1028 with my dual sport bike in the bed. All my supplies were loaded up in the back for a fun hot ride back. Just thought i would share. It was a flawless trip. Had the throttle cable pulled out and cruised the whole way at 54 mph, with a few hills bringing me down to 51 at some once in while. I could hardly feel the truck back there.

my brother got a video of me pulling out as one of the neighbors that hates the truck walked by
[media]http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x267/bjharding_2007/?action=view&current=duecetow004.mp4[/media]
pic all loaded up at the house
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x267/bjharding_2007/?action=view&current=duecetow004.mp4

and when i stopped at a rest stop for a break from the head and get something to drink. It took me 20 min to get out of there because of all the people coming up to talk to me and tell me how much they liked the truck! Other than being stuck at 55 on a road with a 70 mph speed limit the trip was great. I can't wait till I can get 395's mounted!

now if you're wondering what's in the back of the truck that will come. it's a super sweet rv party rig, m35 style

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you travel with the windows up or down. Makes a huge difference in the summer time.