• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16x8 Steel Wheels on M101A3

OH58D

This is my first post on this forum. Proud owner of a 1998 Schutt Industries M101A3. Plan on modifying for use as a motorcycle hauler with elevated fold out expedition tent installed with on top with new elevated steel side stakes. Going to be pulling it with an H3 Hummer or Land Rover Discovery 1. I will be replacing the tires and installing easily found 285-75-16 ten ply tires (to match the H3). Going to keep the 8 lug hubs but want to make sure I order wheels which will fit.

Looking at some Rebel Racing 16x8 alloy wheels with 8 lugs or perhaps some steel 16x8 wheels. Is there something I need to know about a correct fit when ordering the wheels?

Thanks,
OH58D

OH58D

I'm not changing the H3 wheels; only M101A3 wheels. Want to go with a size tire that matches the H3 for height only.

OH58D

harleyhouse

8 on 6.5 bolt pattern
Most after market wheels are lug centric
original GM wheels are hub centric.
With 8 studs it should not matter.
Just order the wheels to fit a 99-11 GM 3/4 truck and you should be fine!

I run matching factory GMC wheels on my M101A2.

Attachments

Last edited: