• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 M-35 reo

Brad B

So I just purchased a 1953 M-35 reo with front winch. Does anyone know the part number for a carb kit to restore the old original carb?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All you need to do is call White Owl Parts and tell them you have a gas Reo. Memphis Equipment can help you as well. NAPA etc cannot help you.

Brad B

Thank you guys!! I used to have a deuce way back when I was overseas, and really have missed having one since then. This one popped up in my area for a good price and I could not turn it down. But I do admit, I miss the multi fuel engine. This gas engine is a whole different animal.

Brad B

deuce.jpgHere is one I have on hand, the body, troop seats and cab are all good, just the motor that needs some tweaking. I used to be a shop mechanic back before I joined the army, so a few old tricks are coming back to me.

Last edited:

Brad B

Roger that and will do. I appreciate having the minds to pick as this truck is a ways older than I am. But I will learn it and make it solid and sound again.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That is so cool. I want a gasser deuce.

Kaiser67M715

I used the kit from mikes carburetor parts(the above links) for my reo gasser- it was a good quality kit. I also recommend using Berryman chem-dip to clean the carb-works wonders on loosening any dried on residue.

Also White Owl is very good for parts, and prices tend to be the best for the Gasser parts.

good luck

Brad B

Ok so heres my progress so far. I used the carb kit from mikes, thank you very much for the info USMC!! I have redone the dist with parts from Memphis equip, new points, condenser, and the two capacitors. I replaced all the spark plugs with ac delco r45. I feel I am having a fuel issue. I initially replaced the old mech fuel pump with a electric 24 v run off a relay cross connected directly to the battery terminal so minimal amp drain on the system, but the engine runs about 15 minutes then dies, and yesterday I noticed when it dies the pump cant be heard running. I cycle the switch and it takes off again. So heres my plan, get another fuel pump. Does anyone know the ac delco or napa or any part number I can cross reference to get a oem style pump or do I need to just pay the 130 from Memphis?

Kaiser67M715

Pay the 130 from Memphis OR get the kit from Then and Now Auto, give me few minutes I'll try and find the part number and price I paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same, I've got a 1953 Studebaker M35 gasser with the REO engine!

QUOTE=wadefreedomvehicles;1909817]This is pretty, sweet man. I own a 62 REO Gasser M109, and so I am gonna follow this thread and see what kinds of things you do.[/QUOTE]

Brad B

So I was just at the point ready to dig into the fuel supply issue when the starter went out. I tore it out and took it apart, the armature tests bad. So does anyone know the part number for a new armature?? the starter is a 1108575 delco remy with the direct drive lever, no syl. I kind of get a kick out of the foot pedal starting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks