• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1957 IH 5 ton

Beast52

I am looking to put 53" super singles on soon, and removing the old gas inline 6, and five speed. And installing a 350hp cat, all manual engine, with a series 12, 13 speed. Since the T case is divorced it should be fairly easy, and be nice switching to 12 volt. Found another cab, so i can cut it up, and make it into a crew cab! Pist more pics as work is done!

Beast52

Oh yes it has the top loader Rockwells! Going to pull the steer apart and change seals, and seal it back up, may try to find air lockers for all three.

Beast52

If I could figure out how to drag and drop on my LG G Flex, I would up load the pics, warning not for the faint of heart, it is very, very ugly!!! BUT IT IS MINE!!! :) :) ;)

Beast52

I pulled the upper half of the carb apart, and wow that was nasty! The accelerator pump is shot, so hard I could pound nails with it! But after i soaked it carb chem dip, which i found works allot better when i fill the kitchen sink with super hot water, and set the bucket into it to let it get ice and warm. It removed all the paint, gump, and garbage out of it. I will load some pics. Tomorrow before work I will try to pull the rest.

Beast52

So after trying every auto parts place within a 100 miles, i called White Owl, and tey have the carb kit for my 885 jjsg carb for $45!!! So I am ordering it Friday when I get paid! Carb all done cleaning!!!