• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1994 HMMWV A1 differences from the 93 Please help

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking at a 1994 HMMWV A1 4 door and trying to find out the differences from the pre 94 models. I know the seats are better and it has the heavier duty half shafts but does it also sit a little higher as I believe the payload is higher. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any other differences? Thank,

Mark

OPFORMI

The year on a HMMWV has no real bearing on it's capabilities. An M998 built in 1986 is the same specs as one built in 1993. The different models are going to determine what specs the machine is, i.e. M998, M998A1, M1038, M1123, M1097, etc...

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From AM General's site;

"A1 advances incorporated across the new production fleet included: new front seats, improved parking brake lever with safety release, metal hood grille, improved slave receptacle, solid state glow plug controller, modified rifle mounts and upgraded rear half shafts."

I know my '94 A1 also has the brake upgrade that incorporates the parking brake into the rear calipers, eliminating the propeller shaft disk brake. Not sure if that was across the entire "94 production run. It also has reinforced front air lift loops. (flat bar welded at the bottom part of the loop)

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW some great info thank you. Anything else that changed? If I get it I may go for the Airlift bumper then the Rhino spare tire setup.

Mark

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Retiredwarhorses. Was anything else upgraded during the resets? Was this was part of an MWO or several MWO's? Thanks, L
Of course...just depends on how old the truck was and want MWO's had not already if any that had been applied.
mwo's like seats, brakes, PS cooler, spindle nuts.
A1 trucks still had the non casted upper spring seats....I think they just changed the spring rate, it wasn't till A2 that the springs and upper casted seats changed. For the most part, any A0 can be brought up to A1 config quite easily...the resets pretty much did just that. New 6.5 motors are not MWO, it's just a new motor put in because the 6.2 was discontinued.
resets are just that, "reset" it give the truck a new lease on life by reaplcing and upgrading worn and outdated components and extends the useful life of the vehicle, plus it's cheaper then buying a new truck.
back in the 80's we had "SLEPS" service life extension programs performed on all our deuces and M151's....only to s**t can them some months later. Heck, we had a team come to my MP unit and equip all the jeeps with ROPS, running or not, the contractors weren't gone a few months and we started getting HMMWV's.
what a waste...

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the A1's have the progressive rear springs with the cast spring perches, which gives them the higher payload.
I have an A2 12k chassis, and it has the standard stamped steel rear spring mounts.

DatGuyC

I've just been looking at the m998A1's that have gone through gov planet and they all seem to have the cast spring mount with the progressive springs. Figured that's when they upgraded them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks