• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 early deuces about to be crushed (SD)

DMgunn

There are a couple of M211s? in a salvage yard in NE SD (Aberdeen) that are going to be crushed sometime next week. If anyone needs one, or parts, they are available for $200/ton. The hopper-bottom tank is coming off the one, and that will be sold seperately. These guys aren't real interested in putting alot of time into pulling low-dollar parts, but they will pull axles, etc. The trucks are in some deep snow, so I wasn't able to get decent pics, but I'd hate to see them get crushed (they are also crushing a stub-nose Chevy truck very soon).

Be advised, these guys are in it for profit, and don't care too much if they sell them or crush them. This is outside their normal expertise, so don't expect them to know anything about MVs.

PM me for contact info - hopefully someone can save one, or get some good parts.

Attachments

Westech

CPL
thats only 40 bucks a ton.... I have not seen 200 in over a year. Man for 200 a ton that truck in a cab and frame mode would set you back 1400 bucks at least. Guess its to the scraper.

DMgunn

They claim they got them last summer at $150/ton and they aren't going to lose money on them. It is high for a complete truck, but probably a good deal for individual components like axles, etc. Then again, maybe not......

DMgunn

So, the concensus is that the price is too high. Would that also apply to the G506 (I think) that is behind the orange one? I left it out of the pics, because I am taking it home. We estimated it at under 10,000# (once they remove the manure spreader...), which comes out to a grand, complete and rust free (as far as I could tell in the snow).

Sephirothq

They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. But if they are basing the price on scrap that is too high to pay for scrap a lb. They might be worth more then just scrap though.

DMgunn

Well, that's the thing. They don't sell scrap, they sell parts. Their pile of cut scrap iron has to be 30 feet tall, and they only haul out when the price is high. One of the benefits of having all kinds of room, I guess.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won't be hauling for a while looks like. Scrap will probably be depressed as long as the US economy is tanked and China can't sell us as much useless crap.

Grab the inside rear view mirror on the dark yellow one. Those are hard to find.

The other one is a LWB, except they didn't make them that way. Losta work to stretch a GMC, including the bed.

deuceman51

I'm in SE SD, but there is no way I would even remotely think of paying that kind of price for those trucks. I hate to see them go to the gas ax, but unfortunately I think that is where they are going.

OldGoat

Yes, scrap is down really bad. I saved a pile of copper thinking it was going to keep going up. The good news is that people won't keep scraping vehicles for little money.

SR71BLACKBIRD

Yes, this summer when scrap was up so high poeple were scrapping everything in the yard. So they probably paid nearly that to a farmer. However I bet if they bought them for 2 cents a pound and then the scrap went to 10 cents they would not sell them for the cheap price!! But like he says there are in bus for a proffit.

ETBaals

Hi
A grand for a complete rust free G506 is a good price, Grab it !!!:p

The M211s just don't have any real following, they are good trucks, built much heavier than the M35 series, just gassers with that darn auto trans.

Ernie

m109guy

The M211s just don't have any real following, they are good trucks, built much heavier than the M35 series, just gassers with that darn auto trans.

Ernie
What do you mean they don't have any real following? There are many people who collect them, including me. You may not see them as much because people don't drive them as much as the M35's and because there are less and less of them available every year. We use to have 5 of them at one point here. They are a great truck and the hydromatic transmission works great and is almost impossible to damage unless you go out of your way to try.

Sad to see these trucks go to scrap, but that's where they will go. They are out of their minds if they think someone will pay that price. But these guys are in it for the money, so you can understand them somewhat for not caring about the trucks.