• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 GA rally Definite dates???

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddshot

BTW ... everydangtime I drive my Deuce ... I hear this tune playing in my head:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti4G1AX0v-g[/media]
did you guys ever consider a "official" MV or GA Rallye theme song?

American GI's have carried this tune around for quite a while ... and altered the lyrics a couple of two or three times ... you might want to do a search. Try "The Bug-out ballad" for a start ...

oddshot

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
For those folks that have never been grit or snipe hunting, Wreckerman and I plan to conduct an "on the job training" seminar on Friday evening.:idea:

Those lucky enough to capture and skin a grit or snipe will be the heros at Saturday mornings breakfast.:D

Attachments

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Can a Marylander show up? I am thinking about making a run south to spend 2 days of eating possum and grits. Something I cannot get north of the Potomac River...I want to make it early enough to watch Carnac unload his trailer.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Please do

Can a Marylander show up? I am thinking about making a run south to spend 2 days of eating possum and grits. Something I cannot get north of the Potomac River...I want to make it early enough to watch Carnac unload his trailer.
You Sir have my personal invitation!

I would love to sit and share some time and drinks like we did in PA (?) or somewhere!:beer:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Unless speaking of tea.
YEA, that tea was so strong, it needed a LOT of CUT BACK, If WM makes it again this year, I think a 50 50 mix with whisky would bring the high CAFFEINE affect down to drinkable without the caffeine JITTERS :beer:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer:

BTW, we are making the final revisions to the website and the thread for the 2011 event will be up before Sunday evening.

:D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Damm skippy you can Dudley. I don't always get to meet everyone I try to but you better find me there.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will be the guy with the sombero, sitting across from Carnac's rig , drinking beer and watching him unload. Now when the sun sets I am heading up to Papabears camp for some stronger adult beverage and some possum and grits. I think my youngest (Powerhousedeuce) is also heading down with his tractor. We need an opening night prayer to thank the Lord for events like this and to remember past members, as well as our troops in harms way.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I will be the guy with the sombero, sitting across from Carnac's rig , drinking beer and watching him unload. Now when the sun sets I am heading up to Papabears camp for some stronger adult beverage and some possum and grits. I think my youngest (Powerhousedeuce) is also heading down with his tractor. We need an opening night prayer to thank the Lord for events like this and to remember past members, as well as our troops in harms way.
You are correct Sir, most excellent idea. Each year at the Guntruck Gatherings there is a memorial where fellers stand and remember/recognize fallen warriors. That is the best...and worst of the event.

Attachments

zout

If I recall last year some of the crew that went out on the hunts brought back enough naugie hides to sew together later on to make some very nice vests. You really have to get into a colony of them to get enough to get to sew together as they are quite small.

WM - Holifield Field Farm is where I got my oiker for the roast. It takes a week to thaw out and they needed as much advance notice as they can get to make sure they have it in the deep freeze forehand. They are out of Covington - down by Conyers - I know the guy who can pick it up as well if this is the way folks want to head.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout,
Get us the cost of the oinker so we can figger the meal cost that night, and we'll go from there! It just means more chili-mac for PB, Kenny and Angie!

zout

10-4 - I will get them to e-mail me a quote on an oinker and forward this.
The BBQ sause - fuel source for fire and whatever else for cooking it I would cover that as a donation.

Here is their link - I did email to get a written quote from them. This site makes me hungry as I was looking at it"
http://holifieldsausage.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx
Will see where this heads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.