• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24vdc and 12vdc trailer wiring harness

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled this whole complete harness off of a trailer I bought. Thought there should be out there that would like to put this to use. I have no 24vdc tow vehicles. Didn't verify functionality as that would takes away time that I don't have enough of. Pretty cool design though.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanted to start discussion on this but also don't need it so I posted in classifieds. Has anyone seen this configuration before? A box with military 24v plug and a civvy 12v plug. I did notice it uses 12v bulbs. Comments??? How about an interesting trade. I thought this might be useful to someone out there. It is easily shipped. i would think.

Last edited by a moderator:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
One of my trailer dollies had a box mounted on it that took the mil cable or the civi semi cable but it had 2 complete systems and 2 sets of tail lights one 12v the other 24V.

Dwnorton1 how long are the wires from the box back to where the lights were?

This was moved to open forum so any info on these systems will be saved for future searches

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My TSS trailer has a 24v/12v adapter built in to the front, two plugs, one set of lights. I've seen it on several of the large trailers (5th wheel type).

Cheers

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The site software smashes the pictures to very low quality, even if you have carefully sized the picture to below 100kb... :-?

Maybe you will be able to read the plate on this one....

Cheers

Attachments

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my trailer dollies had a box mounted on it that took the mil cable or the civi semi cable but it had 2 complete systems and 2 sets of tail lights one 12v the other 24V.

Dwnorton1 how long are the wires from the box back to where the lights were?

This was moved to open forum so any info on these systems will be saved for future searches
I haven't measured exact harness but this came off ctmgsa trailer so by where box was located and the lights were mounted was about 12'. They ran separate cables down each side. Also ran separate wires to each sides front running light